A fresh batch of links for Saturday afternoon…
- According to John Perrotto of Baseball Prospectus, Pirates right-hander Ross Ohlendorf missed arbitration eligibility by just two days.
- On the other hand, as Perrotto notes, right-hander Jeff Karstens is eligible for arbitration.
- MLB.com's Marty Noble fielded a ton of hot stove-related questions from Mets fans for his latest "Inbox" article.
- David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution suspects the Braves will stick with Martin Prado at second base next season. That, of course, leaves Kelly Johnson's future in limbo. He's eligible for arbitration and is expected to command close to $3.3MM, which would be a hefty sum for a backup infielder.
- Patrick Newman of the incomparable NPB Tracker has updates on Japanese free agents RHP Ryota Igarashi and OF Saburo Ohmura.