Links for Wednesday...
- Longtime Rangers hitting coach Rudy Jaramillo turned down a one-year offer from the team and will explore free agency, according to Evan Grant. Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune thinks Jaramillo would be a perfect addition to the Cubs.
- According to Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star, the Royals re-signed three players eligible for minor league free agency: Scott Thorman, Kelvin Villa, and Carlos Rivas.
- Dave Cameron of FanGraphs says this year's free agent class is pretty darn interesting, even if it lacks top-level talent.
- Sean McAdam of the Boston Herald considers free agent alternatives should the Red Sox fail to sign Jason Bay.
- McAdam's colleague Michael Silverman talked to agent Scott Boras, who had this to say about Jason Varitek's future: "Theo and I will be talking about Tek whenever he deems the time appropriate."
- The Giants don't have much money to spend this winter unless they raise payroll, says Ray Ratto of the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic says the Diamondbacks aren't likely to change their core, but the clubhouse could use a dose of veteran leadership.
- The Rays ought to target free agent reliever Kiko Calero, in the opinion of Tommy Rancel of DRays Bay.
- Padres third baseman Kevin Kouzmanoff has no control over his future, but wants to stay in San Diego according to Bill Center of the San Diego Union-Tribune.
- Dodgers manager Joe Torre doesn't anticipate working past his current contract, which runs through 2010 (according to the AP).
- Jose Cruz was shocked to be dismissed from his coaching job with the Astros, according to Jose de Jesus Ortiz of the Houston Chronicle.
Full Story | Comments (34) | Categories: Arizona Diamondbacks | Boston Red Sox | Chicago Cubs | Houston Astros | Jason Bay | Jason Varitek | Kansas City Royals | Kevin Kouzmanoff | Kiko Calero | Los Angeles Dodgers | San Diego Padres | San Francisco Giants | Scott Thorman | Tampa Bay Rays | Texas Rangers
Jason Bartlett To Retire Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Fallout From The Ike Davis Trade Yankees Designate Cesar Cabral For Assignment Minor Moves: Brian Omogrosso, Ji-Man Choi, Rafael Perez Jason Bartlett To Retire Mets And Pirates Working On Ike Davis Trade Diamondbacks Designate Ryan Rowland-Smith White Sox Place Donnie Veal On Outright Waivers Brewers Sign Jeremy Jeffress Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Rangers Designate Andy Parrino For Assignment Red Sox Designate Ryan Roberts For Assignment Freddy Garcia Close To Signing With Team In Asia Chicago Notes: Samardzija, Hoyer, Hoffman, Sale Several Teams Interested In Manny Ramirez
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors