Links for Wednesday...
- Longtime Rangers hitting coach Rudy Jaramillo turned down a one-year offer from the team and will explore free agency, according to Evan Grant. Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune thinks Jaramillo would be a perfect addition to the Cubs.
- According to Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star, the Royals re-signed three players eligible for minor league free agency: Scott Thorman, Kelvin Villa, and Carlos Rivas.
- Dave Cameron of FanGraphs says this year's free agent class is pretty darn interesting, even if it lacks top-level talent.
- Sean McAdam of the Boston Herald considers free agent alternatives should the Red Sox fail to sign Jason Bay.
- McAdam's colleague Michael Silverman talked to agent Scott Boras, who had this to say about Jason Varitek's future: "Theo and I will be talking about Tek whenever he deems the time appropriate."
- The Giants don't have much money to spend this winter unless they raise payroll, says Ray Ratto of the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic says the Diamondbacks aren't likely to change their core, but the clubhouse could use a dose of veteran leadership.
- The Rays ought to target free agent reliever Kiko Calero, in the opinion of Tommy Rancel of DRays Bay.
- Padres third baseman Kevin Kouzmanoff has no control over his future, but wants to stay in San Diego according to Bill Center of the San Diego Union-Tribune.
- Dodgers manager Joe Torre doesn't anticipate working past his current contract, which runs through 2010 (according to the AP).
- Jose Cruz was shocked to be dismissed from his coaching job with the Astros, according to Jose de Jesus Ortiz of the Houston Chronicle.
Full Story | Comments (34) | Categories: Arizona Diamondbacks | Boston Red Sox | Chicago Cubs | Houston Astros | Jason Bay | Jason Varitek | Kansas City Royals | Kevin Kouzmanoff | Kiko Calero | Los Angeles Dodgers | San Diego Padres | San Francisco Giants | Scott Thorman | Tampa Bay Rays | Texas Rangers
White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Rajai Davis Close To Two-Year Deal With Tigers AL East Notes: Rays, Price, Orioles, Red Sox Winter Meetings Review: Day 1 Overnight Links: Braves, Uribe, Red Sox, Nationals AL West Rumors: Rangers, Butler, Mariners, A's "Good Chance" Angels Trade Trumbo During Meetings Rockies Pushing Hard To Acquire Reliever Rajai Davis Nearing Deal; Tigers, Twins In Mix Quick Hits: Diaz, Francoeur, Pie, Beltran, O's David Price Rumors: Monday Rockies Rumors: Pomeranz, Davis, Anderson, Hammel Jeff Samardzija Rumors: Monday 12 Teams In On Jason Hammel Nationals Eyeing J.P. Howell, Scott Downs NL Central Notes: Cubs, Pirates, Brewers, Hart
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors