After working the lobby all week at the Chicago GM Meetings, SI's Jon Heyman has the latest hot stove chatter…
- The Giants "appear to have emerged as one potential competitor" for the services of Johnny Damon.
- The Rangers met with John Lackey's agent yesterday, though they're not expected to have that kind of money available. Heyman adds that the Brewers and Mariners haven't ruled out signing the righty.
- Joe Crede is among the third base candidates the Orioles will consider. We heard about Adrian Beltre, Mark DeRosa, and Pedro Feliz earlier today.
- Lefty reliever Mike Gonzalez "appears very popular in the free agent market." If that's true, then the Braves figure to offer arbitration to Gonzalez, a Type A.
- Mets GM Omar Minaya said some teams have shown interest in second baseman Luis Castillo, and Heyman says the Dodgers have spoken to the Mets. Castillo has $12MM coming over the next two years and it might be time to sell relatively high.