SI's Jon Heyman reports from Chicago, where the GM Meetings are wrapping up…
- The Phillies are "intent on pursuing Chone Figgins hard," while the Mets are also fans of the Seth Levinson client. The Angels still hope to re-sign Figgins. Joel Sherman of the New York Post has more on the Mets' interest, explaining that moving Luis Castillo would make signing Figgins easier. Sherman thought another reasonable addition for the Mets might be Carlos Lee, but his idea was shot down by Ed Wade and a Mets official.
- Heyman senses mixed signals with the Mets and Matt Holliday – Omar Minaya loves the player, but the money required will be huge and the Mets might be better-served spreading it around.
- The Mets are interested in Joel Pineiro, and Minaya met with his agent Arn Tellem.
- On Page 2 of the article, Heyman quotes a couple new Scott Boras gems.
- Braves GM Frank Wren admitted he'll field offers on his starting pitching excess. It appears inevitable that the Braves will trade one starter, Derek Lowe or Javier Vazquez according to MLB.com's Mark Bowman.
- My Billy Wagner-Cubs idea should probably be put to bed, as Jim Hendry said he wouldn't spend a lot of money on a closer given Carlos Marmol's talent. Marmol himself is due a large arbitration raise.