Let's check out a few Saturday evening links….
- Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune writes that the Chicago Cubs seem prepared to part ways with Rich Harden and Reed Johnson.
- ESPN.com's Rob Neyer isn't a big fan of the Minnesota Twins' decision to exercise Michael Cuddyer's 2011 option.
- Potential free agent Scott Eyre will have surgery on his left elbow, according to Todd Zolecki of MLB.com. Zolecki mentions that Raul Ibanez and Brad Lidge will also go under the knife. Eyre and Ibanez should be ready for the start of spring training, but Lidge may need a little more time.
- John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle doesn't think the New York Yankees will be able to hold back on their spending this offseason, and expects them to make a big free agent splash or two.
- MLB.com's Joe Frisaro projects the Florida Marlins' payroll for 2010.
- We heard earlier today from Toronto Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos, regarding his club's offseason plans. Dave Rutt at Batter's Box provides an interesting article on the same subject, sharing his own thoughts on how to improve the Jays.