Here's some Thursday links…
- Brett Myers said it would be "upsetting" to leave Philadelphia, according to FOXSports.com's Jon Paul Morosi. It would make sense for Myers to market himself as a starter this offseason, but Morosi points out that the Phillies already have five starters returning in 2010.
- Steve Melewski of MASNSports.com doesn't see the Orioles opening their wallet for John Lackey. He points out that Jeremy Guthrie's numbers are on par wth Lackey's over the last few years.
- Charley Walters of The Pioneer Press says it wouldn't be surprising to see the Twins pursue J.J. Hardy if Orlando Cabrera departs via free agency. He says Glen Perkins "would seem a likely bet to be included if there were an offer to the Brewers."
- Matt Cerrone at MetsBlog.com wonders if Matt Holliday is worth $17MM per season for six years.
- Tom Singer of MLB.com previews this year's free agent class.