Some links for Sunday....
- Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports (via Twitter) that the Marlins are not talking about trading Hanley Ramirez. No surprise here, but it's nice to have it confirmed. Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel rejects the idea as well, and also notes that the Marlins' payroll will "increase slightly to $40 million." The Marlins were at $36.8MM to open the 2009 season.
- Chad Jennings of the Journal News looks back at a year of Yankees trades.
- Tyler Hissey of Around the Majors looks ahead to an alluring crop of 2011 free agents. Some of them will sign extensions before next offseason, but we'll still see an impressive group hit the market.
- Hissey looks at the decisions that await the Rays this offseason and says this is not the time for the team to trade B.J. Upton.
- Are we heading for an AL East bidding war over Roy Halladay? Anthony McCarron and Bill Madden of the New York Daily News examine the possibilities.
- Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports takes a detailed look at potential trade partners for the Tigers.
- In his latest mailbag, the Cleveland Plain Dealer's Paul Hoynes fields Indians-related questions, including one asking which first basemen the team could pursue.
- Offering Orlando Hudson arbitration is a win-win scenario for the Dodgers, according to Jon Weisman's Los Angeles Times blog.
- MLB.com's Tom Singer writes about how it affects free agency when clubs lock up their young players with long-term extensions.
Full Story | Comments (162) | Categories: B.J. Upton | Cleveland Indians | Detroit Tigers | Hanley Ramirez | Los Angeles Dodgers | Miami Marlins | New York Yankees | Orlando Hudson | Roy Halladay | Tampa Bay Rays
Tigers To Sign Joba Chamberlain Phillies To Sign Roberto Hernandez Giants To Sign Mike Morse Marlins, Cubs Swap Ruggiano For Bogusevic Mets To Sign Bartolo Colon Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Pirates Extend Charlie Morton Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Diamondbacks Close To Signing Hudson, Blanco Quick Hits: Rays, Kimbrel, Weeks, Kalish, Madson AL West Notes: Wilson, Young, Angels, Morrison AL Central Notes: Jackson, Pelfrey, Garza, Butler Rockies Close To Signing Boone Logan Dodgers Notes: Kemp, Phillips, Gordon, Kasten Rosenthal On Gardner, Kemp, Drew, Mariners Blue Jays Notes: Rasmus, Samardzija, Anthopoulos Yankees Offered Infante Three Years, $24MM Royals, Blue Jays Discussed Billy Butler Trade Rockies Close To Deal With Logan, Talking To Howell Mets Notes: Axford, Gregg, Drew, Payroll Red Sox Designate Alex Castellanos Padres, Indians Competing For Joaquin Benoit Three Teams Have Two-Year Offers To Balfour
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors