A few links to browse while we continue the countdown to the GM meetings….
- 2010 may not be Joe Torre's last season in Los Angeles after all, according to T.J. Simers of the Los Angeles Times.
- Bob Ford of the Philadelphia Inquirer writes that any Phillies fans expecting the club to go out and land another elite starting pitcher this offseason will be disappointed.
- FOX Sports's Jon Paul Morosi explains why the trade market might be busier than usual this year, and looks at what players could be dealt next.
- MASN's Roch Kubatko examines the Baltimore Orioles' third basemen, past and future. He's skeptical that the Orioles will pursue Chone Figgins this offseason because manager Dave Trembley wants a power hitter at third base. He also wonders if Melvin Mora might end up in Philadelphia.
- Kirk Gibson won't earn a shot at a managerial gig this year, but he may get an opporunity in the not-so-distant future, according to John Lowe of the Detroit Free Press.
- The Houston Chronicle's Richard Justice is ready to cut ties with Miguel Tejada and hand over the Astros' third base job to Chris Johnson.
- Steve Slowinski at DRays Bay asks what the Rays ought to do with Andy Sonnanstine, and formulates his own solution.