A few Sunday links to peruse….
- Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports ranks his top 20 free agent starting pitchers not named John Lackey.
- Jonah Keri of The New York Times warns the Yankees against getting complacent, outlining why the team needs to get younger.
- Within a piece focusing on Clay Buchholz, John Tomase of the Boston Herald writes that Jason Bay's defense shouldn't concern the Red Sox much, given Fenway Park's "cozy left field."
- In another article, Tomase examines the big free agent signings of the last few years and notices a "disturbing trend of underperformance."
- MASN's Phil Wood questions Phil Rogers' prediction that the Washington Nationals will be interested in signing Vladimir Guerrero.
- Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press writes that the Tigers are currently paying the price for their failed win-now approach in 2006.
- Even though Adrian Beltre struggled in 2009, it won't be easy for the Mariners to replace his production at third, according to Larry LaRue of The News Tribune.