Saturday morning links. Not quite as good as cartoons, but we'll do our best...
- Paul Hagen of The Philadelphia Daily News says that Phillies' management "tacitly acknowledged that [Jimmy Rollins' next contract] could turn into a contentious issue." The club picked up J-Roll's 2011 option yesterday
- Orioles' president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail said he'll probably "let the market percolate" from now on, according to MLB.com's Alden Gonzalez. In English, that means he'll let the hot stove play out and see what arises.
- Blue Jays' GM Alex Anthopoulos chatted with fans yesterday, discussing everything from the Roy Halladay trade to Travis Snider trade rumors to what it's like being a GM. I highly recommend checking it out.
- Bernie Miklasz of The St. Louis Post Dispatch says that Matt Holliday should learn from Johnny Damon, who essentially priced his way out of New York with his contract demands.
- Evan Grant of The Dallas Morning News writes that Marlon Byrd signing with the Cubs appears "to be the next domino to fall."
- Curious about what the current 2010 draft order currently looks like? Well here it is. There's only three Type-A free agents left unsigned: Holliday, Jason Bay, and Jose Valverde.
- Earlier today we heard that the Nationals are going after Jon Garland. Now, free agent outfielder Randy Winn is on their radar as well, according to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.
Full Story | Comments (45) | Categories: Baltimore Orioles | Chicago Cubs | Jason Bay | Jimmy Rollins | Jose Valverde | Marlon Byrd | Matt Holliday | Philadelphia Phillies | Roy Halladay | St. Louis Cardinals | Toronto Blue Jays | Travis Snider
White Sox To Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins To Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays To Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers To Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox To Sign A.J. Pierzynski Athletics Acquire Jim Johnson From Orioles For Jemile Weeks Nationals Acquire Doug Fister From Tigers Athletics To Sign Scott Kazmir Mariners To Sign Willie Bloomquist Blue Jays To Sign Dioner Navarro Twins To Sign Phil Hughes Rays To Re-Sign Juan Carlos Oviedo Giants To Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong Twins To Sign Ricky Nolasco Reds To Re-Sign Manny Parra Dodgers Sign Dan Haren Rays Sign Jose Molina Cardinals Sign Jhonny Peralta
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Mets' Talks With Granderson Intensify Reds Unlikely To Trade Brandon Phillips Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Quick Hits: Granderson, Beltran, Trumbo, Cano AL West Notes: Kemp, Mariners, Choo, Astros Yankees Close To Signing Kelly Johnson Reactions To Jacoby Ellsbury's $153MM Deal With Yankees Central Notes: Beltran, Hart, Konerko, Twins Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Red Sox To Sign A.J. Pierzynski Phillies Acquire Brad Lincoln Rockies Closing In On Two-Year Deal With Justin Morneau Marlins To Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Phillies To Sign Wil Nieves
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors