Let's take a look back on the week that was...
- The biggest news of the week was, of course, the Roy Halladay-Cliff Lee blockbuster. The four-way deal landed Doc and prospects in Philly, Lee in Seattle, a trio of youngsters (including Kyle Drabek) in Toronto, and Michael Taylor in Oakland. Halladay also agreed to a three-year extension that will pay him $20MM annually through 2013. The contract will not affect his 2010 salary ($15.75MM) and will include a vesting option.
- The BoSox signed the market's top starter, John Lackey, to a five-year deal worth $82.5MM. This matches A.J. Burnett's deal with the Yanks from a year ago and includes no incentives or bonuses.
- Boston also took care of their vacancy in the outfield, signing Mike Cameron to a two-year deal worth approximately $15.5MM. The soon-to-be 37-year-old is expected to be slotted in left field.
- After Johnny Damon and the Yanks were unable to come to terms on a new deal, the club welcomed Nick Johnson back to the Bronx. Johnson will earn $5.5MM plus incentives next season, with a $5.5 mutual option for 2011.
- The Halos signed Hideki Matsui to a one-year pact for about $6.5MM. The deal will pay him roughly half of the $13MM he made with the Yanks in the final year of his contract.
- Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik turned the less-than-stellar Carlos Silva into outfielder Milton Bradley. The Cubs also receive $9MM in the transaction, but only net $5MM as Silva will earn $4MM more than Bradley over the next two seasons.
- The trade of Mike Lowell to the Rangers was called off on Saturday as a physical revealed that the third baseman would require surgery on his right thumb. The deal, which had been talked about for quite a while, would have sent Max Ramirez to Boston in exchange for Lowell and $9MM to help cover his $12MM salary.
- The Dodgers shipped Juan Pierre to the White Sox, in exchange for pitchers Jon Link and John Ely. Ned Colletti & Co. will eat $10.5MM of Pierre's contract as part of the deal.
- The Orioles signed former Braves reliever Mike Gonzalez to a two-year deal worth $12MM guaranteed. Since Atlanta offered the 31-year-old Type A free agent arbitration, the O's will surrender their second-round pick to them (currently #44).
- The O's also inked Garrett Atkins to a one-year deal worth $4.5MM. The contract has a club option for 2011 worth $8.5MM with a $500K buyout.
- The Reds restructured Scott Rolen's contract, extending his deal through 2012. Rolen will receive a shade under $24MM through the remainder of the pact while giving the club an additional $5MM in payroll flexibility this winter.
- While Jason Bay's options have shrunk considerably this past week, some feel he may be hesitant to play for the Mets.
- It sounds as though Adrian Gonzalez will be staying put- for now, at least. Although it has been widely reported that the BoSox covet the slugger, the Padres aren't expected to move him this winter.
- The Nats are making a run at free agent pitcher Jon Garland, who is seeking a three-year deal. Washington, however, would prefer to limit him to two years.
- Jamey Carroll agreed to a two-year deal with the Dodgers for just under $4MM total. Carroll is expected to see time at multiple positions while serving as insurance for Blake DeWitt at second base.
- Arbitration-eligible Ricky Nolasco came to terms with the Marlins on a one-year deal worth $3.8MM. This represents a 58% pay raise for the 27-year-old.
- Tim polished off his crystal ball and looked ahead to the free agent class of 2011.
Twins Sign Kohl Stewart Red Sox Sign Trey Ball Mike Zagurski Elects Free Agency Padres To Release James Darnell Mets Acquire Eric Young For McHugh; Designate Cowgill Yankees Acquire Fernando Martinez Yankees Designate Chris Bootcheck Diamondbacks Sign Braden Shipley Phillies Sign J.P. Crawford Orioles Designate Yamaico Navarro Mets Agree To Sign Dominic Smith Giants To Sign Christian Arroyo Pirates To Sign Reese McGuire Mets To Promote Zack Wheeler Yankees To Sign Ian Clarkin Rays Promote Wil Myers Dodgers Claim John Baker Mariners Sign Henry Blanco; Designate Kelly Shoppach For Assignment Dodgers Designate Ramon Hernandez For Assignment
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Trade Deadline Notes: Closers, Phillies, Buyers Draft Signings: Gonsalves, Williams, Mondab, Hannemann Astros Notes: Appel, Free Agency Rockies To Remove Francis From Roster, Add Oswalt Braves Sign First-Rounder Jason Hursh Red Sox Sign Trey Ball Twins Sign Kohl Stewart Mike Zagurski Elects Free Agency Padres Request Release Waivers On James Darnell Astros To Sign Mark Appel Suspensions Likely In Biogenesis Case Quick Hits: Norris, Ethier, Blue Jays, Phillies Mets Acquire Eric Young Jr., Designate Collin Cowgill Draft Signings: Bohn, Salazar, Verbistky, Healy, Moll Yankees Acquire Fernando Martinez
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors