Let's take a look back at the biggest stories of the week..
- The Yankees brought Javier Vazquez back to the Bronx by sending Melky Cabrera, two prospects, and some cash to Atlanta. Vazquez has pitched 198 innings or more every season this decade while striking out at least 150 batters each season. The Yanks also received Boone Logan in the deal.
- Later on, the Braves inked Troy Glaus to a one-year deal worth $2MM plus incentives.
- Toronto acquired Brandon Morrow in exchange for reliever Brandon League and minor league outfielder Johermyn Chavez. Morrow has a career ERA of 3.96 over 197.6 innings.
- Washington signed Jason Marquis, one of the top starters remaining on the market, to a two-year, $15MM contract. Marquis ate 216 innings in 2009 while posting a 4.04 ERA.
- Apparently that didn't eat up the Nats' entire weekly allowance. After narrowing his options down to the Nationals and Cubs, free agent reliever Matt Capps signed with the former on a one-year deal worth a minimum of $3.5MM. The 26-year-old reportedly picked Washington because he'll have the opportunity to close.
- The Mets took a chance on Kelvim Escobar, signing him to a one-year deal with a base of $1.25MM. With incentives, the 33-year-old could earn an additional $3.125MM. Though he has experience as both a starter and reliever, GM Omar Minaya says that Escobar will be in the bullpen.
- Word that the Red Sox were thinking about making room for Jason Bay's return was swiftly characterized as a "long shot." Meanwhile, Bay's lack of dialogue with the Mets is leading some to question his desire to play in Queens.
- As first reported by MLBTR, Coco Crisp agreed to a one-year deal with Oakland. The deal will pay him $5.25MM in 2010 with a $5.75MM club option for 2011.
- The Angels landed free agent reliever Fernando Rodney on a two-year deal worth $11MM. Rodney is coming off a so-so year in which he posted a 4.40 ERA with 7.3 K/9.
- Oakland brought back Justin Duchscherer on a one-year deal with a modest base of $2MM. Duchscherer can earn more through incentives linked to innings pitched and games started.
- The Giants offered Mark DeRosa a two-year deal worth $12MM. While he has yet to take the offer, he is reportedly leaning towards accepting it.
- Free agent lefty Darren Oliver signed with the Rangers on a one-year, $3.5MM deal. The contract includes a vesting option for 2011.
- "Everyday" Eddie Guardado signed a minor-league deal with the Nationals. The 39-year-old lefty considered retiring after his 2009 stint in Texas.
- The Pirates signed lefty Javier Lopez to a one-year deal worth at least $775K.
- It was reported earlier in the week that the Phillies agreed to terms with a mystery reliever. No word on who it is yet. Could it be Danys Baez? Mike MacDougal? Find out, on the next action packed episode of MLBTradeRumors.
White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Chances Of Mark Trumbo Trade Increasing AL East Notes: Rays, Red Sox, Napoli, Weber Orioles Rumors: Hammel, Santana, Floyd, Hanrahan Trade Involving Blue Jays, Rangers Fell Through Reliever Rumors: Balfour, Perez, Logan, O'Flaherty Cubs Interested In Storen, Clippard Nationals Shopping Danny Espinosa Nelson Cruz Rumors: Monday Marlins Telling Teams They Will Trade Logan Morrison Shortly Jeff Samardzija Rumors: Monday AL West Notes: Zduriencik, Walker, Andrus, Anderson Astros Release Eric Thames Bartolo Colon's Market Heating Up David Price Rumors: Monday White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors