In case you missed anything from yesterday, here's a quick rundown of the day's top rumors and transactions:
- The Cardinals reached an agreement on a one-year deal with Brad Penny worth $7.5MM with another $1.5MM in incentives. I thought he'd fetch a lower base with more incentives. Will this set the tone for other incentive-based one-year deals for pitchers?
- The Nationals agreed on a two-year pact with Ivan Rodriguez, reportedly worth $5MM-$6MM. The Pudge signing likely spells the end of Wil Nieves in Washington. Surprised to see Pudge get two years, though I can't imagine a better mentor if the Nats land Bryce Harper in the 2010 draft.
- The Tigers re-signed Adam Everett on a one-year deal worth $1.55MM. Everett's defense is worth more than that, and the Tigers need to watch spending; makes sense.
- The Brewers appear to be the frontrunners to land Randy Wolf, having reportedly offered a three-year deal to the veteran left-hander. No word on the dollars yet, but the signing should happen soon, apparently.
- The Yankees, Diamondbacks, and Tigers are talking about a three-way trade that would send Max Scherzer, Austin Jackson, Michael Dunn and Phil Coke to Detroit, Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy to Arizona, and Curtis Granderson plus D'Backs prospects to New York. Talks are currently stalled, though the D'Backs are pushing to resume them. Not sure I'd let go of Scherzer that easily if I were Josh Byrnes.
- The arbitration deadline has come and gone; here's a recap of all the free agents who were offered arb this season, as well as their respective decisions. Three accepted: Carl Pavano, Rafael Betancourt, and shockingly for Atlanta, Rafael Soriano. They've suddenly got a real pricey bullpen on their hands.
- The Nationals acquired Brian Bruney from the Yankees for a PTBNL that was later revealed to be the Nats pick in the Rule 5 Draft this Thursday. Bruney's never really put it together, but either the Nats really like him or there's no one who interests them in the Rule 5 Draft this year. Nice move for the Yankees anyway.
- Matt Lindstrom is practically a sure thing to be dealt at the Winter Meetings, and we learned that a number of teams are interested in the Florida reliever.
- Could the Padres really non-tender Kevin Correia because of an unwillingness to increase his $1.1MM salary? Seems like it, which is too bad for Pads fans. The team is in need of pitching, and letting go its most reliable starter from 2009 over a couple million dollars doesn't make sense. At the very least, they should trade him.
- Conflicting reports on whether or not the Yanks ever extended a formal offer to Andy Pettitte, but either way, we learned that $10MM won't do it. Pettitte wants to be back in the Bronx next year, but it will probably take an $11MM+ offer.
Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Rangers Designate Derek Lowe For Assignment Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs To Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment Dodgers To Sign Jonathan Sanchez Phillies Sign Carlos Zambrano Rays Sign Cory Wade Mets To Sign Rick Ankiel
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Poll: The Next 2012 First-Rounder To Be Called Up Orioles To Promote Kevin Gausman Quick Hits: White Sox, Reds, Red Sox, Phillies NL East Notes: Phillies, Lee, Nationals, Mets Commenting Policy AL East Notes: Yankees, Red Sox, Ellsbury Blue Jays Release Miguel Batista Minor Moves: Cotts, Boyer, Barton Draft Notes: Manaea, Outfielders MLBTR Chat Transcript Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Cubs Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Jose Altuve Rejoins Octagon; Leaves Boras Choo Not Thinking About Long-Term Deal Injury Updates On 2014 Free Agent Starters
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors