Let's take a look back at the week that was..
- Prince Fielder is said to be seeking a deal in the vicinity of $200MM, comparable to the contracts of Mark Teixeira and Joe Mauer. Brewers owner Mark Attanasio remains hopeful that they'll retain the star slugger.
- The A's signed pitcher Brett Anderson to a four-year extension on Friday. The deal runs from 2010-2013 with club options on 2014 and 2015. The deal guarantees the lefty $12.5MM and could be worth as much as $31MM over six years.
- Jose Veras was designated for assignment by Florida. The Marlins have already kicked all of their scrap heap relief pickups to the curb.
- The Blue Jays announced that they have signed Cuban shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria to a four-year, $10MM deal. The deal includes a $4MM signing bonus for the 19-year-old.
- Another Cuban defector joined the majors as the Rays announced that they have inked Leslie Anderson to a four-year pact.
- Cubs GM Jim Hendry shot down speculation that the club might release Alfonso Soriano before his contract expires in 2014.
- San Francisco shipped outfielder Fred Lewis to the Blue Jays and will receive either cash or a player to be named later in return.
- The Nationals DFA'd Jason Bergmann. Washington GM Mike Rizzo will reportedly try to trade the hurler.
- Cincinnati DFA'd two players: Aaron Miles and Wladimir Balentien. Both players cleared waivers. Miles was released while Balentien was outrighted to their Triple-A affiliate.
- On Wednesday we heard that the Rangers may pursue Aaron Miles, though there's been nothing new on that front just yet.
- We learned this week that the Mets are not looking to make any changes to their pitching staff. They are also not interested in free agent Jarrod Washburn.
- Free agent outfielder Jermaine Dye made it known that he would like to play for the Mariners. He has received an offer from the Nationals, though the amount is unknown.
- Meanwhile, Orlando Hudson surmised that racism is why Dye is without a job in the majors.
- The Mariners are reportedly interested in infielder Ramon Vazquez. Vazquez was released by the Pirates earlier this month.
- Toronto claimed Shawn Bowman off of waivers from the Mets. The 25-year-old will report to the Jays' High A affiliate.
- The Padres and third base prospect Duanel Jones are reportedly moving towards an agreement.
- Alan Embree decided to stick around with the BoSox organization until the end of the month.
- Seattle DFA'd Ryan Langerhans, though he would later clear waivers and report to the M's Triple-A affiliate.
- Clint Everts cleared waivers after being cut loose by the Mets.
- Rich Aurilia retired from baseball.
- The BoSox claimed righty Santo Luis off of waivers from the White Sox.
- Mike rounded out the Top Trade Chips series with a look at the AL East. You can check out the entire series here.
- Tim kicked off the GM Initiation series, reaching out to Rangers GM Jon Daniels and Arizona GM Josh Byrnes.
- Tim also identified relief trade candidates from around the majors.
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
AL Notes: Nunez, Vizquel, Cousins, A's AL Notes: Defensive Value, White Sox, Astros, Fuld NL Notes: Hamels, Morse, Diamondbacks, Walker Kole Calhoun To Miss Four To Six Weeks Minor Moves: Giants Release Dontrelle Willis Padres Notes: Gyorko, Headley, Cashner Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen Athletics Claim Marcus Walden Off Waivers From Blue Jays Mets Outright Lannan, Promote Matsuzaka AL West Notes: Astros, Franklin, Walker, Reddick Morales Rejected $30MM Extension Last Summer Astros To Promote George Springer Astros To Designate Lucas Harrell For Assignment Minor Moves: Scott Cousins NL Notes: Johnson, Cubs, Bradley
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors