It's time to take a look back at the week that was..
- No surprise here, the Nationals drafted Bryce Harper first overall. After that, the Pirates took Jameson Taillon leaving Manny Machado to the Orioles. You can stay up to date on the status of all of the first rounders right here. So far, Jake Skole, who went to Texas at No. 15, is the highest drafted player to agree to a deal.
- Mike Lowell is once again the subject of trade rumors as the BoSox are talking to the Twins and Rangers about the 36-year-old. The third baseman is still owed approximately $7.4MM through the end of the season. Meanwhile, Angels manager Mike Scioscia isn't interested in a rental player.
- Unless the M's go on a major hot streak, it looks like Cliff Lee will be dealt for the third time since last summer. Both the Yankees and Mets would be interested in Lee's services at some point.
- Houston is still shopping Roy Oswalt, though they likely won't find a taker until they agree to eat a portion of his hefty contract.
- Jake Peavy says that he would prefer a trade to being part of a rebuilding effort in Chicago.
- The Nats and Adam Dunn have begun talks on a contract extension. Dunn is in the final year of a two-year, $20MM pact.
- A.J. Pierzynski says that he would be open to a trade, though he wants to see the White Sox start winning.
- The Cardinals brought pitcher Jeff Suppan back into the fold following his release from the Brewers. The club must now make a move on the 25-man roster to activate the veteran.
- Pirates president Frank Coonelly predicts that this will be a very quiet trading deadline for his club.
- The Diamondbacks will consider shaking things up in order to turn things around.
- Cleveland released Jamey Wright and Mark Grudzielanek after designating them for assignment.
- The Mets waived Gary Matthews Jr. after designating him for assignment late last week.
- Detroit DFA'd Adam Everett. The 33-year-old struggled mightily at the plate this season, hitting .185/.221/.247.
- Boston DFA'd Joe Nelson as part of a flurry of moves. The journeyman pitcher hinted at retirement following the move.
- Mike Lamb will remain with the Marlins organization after clearing waivers.
- Kiko Calero hooked on with the Dodgers' Triple A affiliate.
- The Angels signed Daniel Cabrera, who was cut loose by the White Sox in March.
- Arizona DFA'd Saul Rivera.
- This week we got the latest Elias Rankings update from Eddie Bajek.
- Check out this post to learn about all the ways you can get up-to-the-minute news and analysis from MLBTR.
Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Diamondbacks Outright Santos Rodriguez Offseason In Review: San Francisco Giants Minor Moves: Martinez, Erbe, Liz, Olmsted Offseason In Review: New York Yankees Braves Could Make Run At Ervin Santana NL East Notes: Beachy, Santana, Braves, Mets Braves Acquire Zach Stewart Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz Out Of Options Players: AL East Morosi's Latest: Jays, Tigers, Rockies, Pineda, JDA Offseason In Review: Pittsburgh Pirates Twins Still Have Offer Out To Ervin Santana Quick Hits: Orioles, Nationals, Manaea, White Sox MLBTR Originals Chase Headley Extension Remains Unlikely
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors