Links for Friday, exactly two years after the Rockies claimed Livan Hernandez from the Twins...
- The Blue Jays and Yankees discussed Jose Bautista before the deadline, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com. Some say talks never got serious, but Heyman suggests the Blue Jays would have wanted Brett Gardner and Joba Chamberlain in exchange for Bautista.
- Red Sox owner John Henry told Tom Krasovic of AOL FanHouse that his club will need “a miracle” to topple the Rays and Yankees.
- One rival GM told MLB.com’s Peter Gammons that "the Royals and Pirates have done what small-market teams should do with their revenue-sharing money." Check out Gammons’ article for more on how the Royals, Pirates and Indians are stockpiling young talent to return to prominence.
- The Giants were not the team that won the waiver claim on Adam Dunn, according to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle. An unknown team claimed Dunn yesterday.
- Tim Dierkes lists his All-Dropped Lineup at RotoAuthority. Fantasy players will want to see why Tim believes it’s rare to find breakout position players on waivers midseason in a competitive 12-team mixed league.
- ESPN.com's Buster Olney suggests the Royals will probably start seriously listening to offers for Zack Greinke this winter. The reigning Cy Young Award winner expressed his frustration with the organization yesterday.
- Mets GM Omar Minaya told Dan Martin of the New York Post that he thinks his club can go on a hot streak and make some noise in the NL East. New York is currently 7.5 games out of a playoff spot.
- Joel Sherman of the New York Post believes that last year's championship means the Yankees wouldn't undo Alex Rodriguez's massive contract even if they could go back in time and let him sign elsewhere.
- The Yankees will track Jose Guillen, according to George A. King III of the New York Post. The Royals designated the outfielder for assignment yesterday.
- Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports lists the top post-trade deadline developments around the majors.
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Brett Gardner | Cincinnati Reds | Joba Chamberlain | Jose Bautista | Jose Guillen | New York Yankees | Toronto Blue Jays | Zack Greinke
Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
2013-14 Article XX(B) Free Agents Out Of Options Players: NL West Yasiel Puig Switches Representation Ervin Santana Rumors: Thursday Offseason In Review: Miami Marlins Twins Notes: Mauer, Dozier, Parmelee, Pierzynski Out Of Options Players: AL Central Cardinals Nearing Extension With Matt Carpenter Phillies Notes: Hamels, Defensive Shifts Rosenthal's Latest: Masterson, Burns, Olt, Francisco White Sox Getting Calls On De Aza, Viciedo Quick Hits: Samardzija, Santana, Lester, Dodgers Teams Scouting David Phelps, Yankee Catchers Mets Notes: Murphy, Wright, Trades, Seratelli AL Central Notes: Masterson, Santana, Tigers, Thome
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors