Here's a look back at some of the analysis and reporting MLBTR's writing team produced this week..
- This week we brought you up to speed on a pair of non-tender candidates: Dodgers second baseman Ryan Theriot and Mariners second baseman Jose Lopez.
- Brandon Webb's agent emailed MLBTR to make it known that his client is seeking an incentive-based contract with a significant base salary. The contracts of Brad Penny, Rich Harden, Ben Sheets, and Tim Hudson will be used as starting points, says Jonathan Maurer.
- This week we unfurled the "5 Surprises" series. The Dodgers, Rockies, and D'Backs were all chosen to kick off the new feature.
- After the season the Elias Sports Bureau will label free agents as Type A, B, or leave them without a label. MLBTR readers can keep track of how players will be designated thanks to Eddie Bajek's projected Elias rankings.
- We picked up our "Free Agent Stock Watch" series this week with examinations of Giants outfielder Pat Burrell and Orioles reliever Koji Uehara.
- Is your favorite team out of contention? Don't worry, we got you covered. Now you can track your team's bid for a higher draft pick on our reverse standings page.
- Tim Dierkes broke down the arbitration-eligible players for the White Sox, Indians, Tigers, Royals, and Twins.
- Oakland's Trevor Cahill could be in line to receive an extension, writes Luke Adams. Meanwhile, Ben Nicholson-Smith says that Jon Lester's deal will be a model for Clay Buchholz's extension, if Boston decides to go that route.
- On Wednesday Tim conducted his weekly chat.
- Our look at 2011 rotations rolled on with previews of the Twins, Cardinals, Mariners, Rays, White Sox, Red Sox, Orioles, and Blue Jays.
- If you're unclear on how September trades work, we have a post explaining everything you need to know.
- Howard Megdal wrote an entertaining recap of the 1982 trade deadline.
- MLBTR readers voted on a pair of phenoms, which late-season addition will perform better, the White Sox's acquisition of Ramirez, and discussed Adrian Beltre's next contract.
Marlins Release Jon Rauch Derek Lowe Clears Waivers Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Dodgers To Sign Jonathan Sanchez Phillies Sign Carlos Zambrano Rays Sign Cory Wade Mets To Sign Rick Ankiel
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Marlins Release Jon Rauch AL West Notes: Angels, Mariners, Cotts Quick Hits: Francona, Indians, Mattingly, Dodgers Cafardo on Tanaka, Blue Jays, Red Sox, Phillies AL East Notes: Orioles, Red Sox, Ellsbury Antonetti on Bourn, Bauer, Pitching Draft Notes: Astros, Appel, Gray, Cubs, Harvey Minor Moves: Dustin Martin, Josh Horton West Links: Dodgers, Ethier, Norberto, Mariners Derek Lowe Clears Waivers NL Central Links: Garcia, Carpenter, Garza Red Sox, Jacoby Ellsbury Haven't Talked Extension Yankees Notes: Kuroda, Bullpen, Adams Poll: The Next 2012 First-Rounder To Be Called Up Orioles To Promote Kevin Gausman
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors