It's time to take a look back at the highlights of this past week which included the waiver trade deadline..
- Unquestionably, the biggest story of the week was the White Sox being awarded Manny Ramirez after submitting the winning claim. Chicago will owe the slugger $3.8MM for the remainder of 2010 but three-quarters of that will be deferred without interest. White Sox GM Kenny Williams doesn't think that the quirky superstar will be a clubhouse distraction.
- Texas swung a deal for Jeff Francoeur by sending Joaquin Arias to the Mets. The Rangers DFA'd Brandon Boggs to make room for him.
- The Marlins and pitcher Ricky Nolasco are far apart on terms for a long-term contract. The hurler still has two arbitration years left because of his Super Two status.
- Matt Kemp is reportedly seeking a deal similar to that of Nick Markakis but knows that he won't get that out of the Dodgers.
- The Dodgers will be on the lookout for a big bat and a catcher this offseason. They will also pursue an extension with Ted Lilly. The Yankees had the winning claim on the lefthander but couldn't get a deal done with Ned Colletti & Co.
- The Rockies bolstered their bullpen by acquiring Manny Delcarmen from the Red Sox. Boston received minor league righty Chris Balcom-Miller in return.
- Righthander Chad Durbin wants to return to the Phillies and it sounds like the feeling is mutual.
- Mark Prior inked a minor league deal with the Texas Rangers. The righthander will turn 30 on Tuesday.
- For the umpteenth time, the Rangers were on the cusp of acquiring Mike Lowell but ultimately did not.
- Washington extended Livan Hernandez's deal, giving him a $1MM, one-year pact laden with incentives.
- Two MLB stars have parted ways with their agents. Alex Rodriguez is no longer with Scott Boras and Jayson Werth is looking for new representation.
- Oakland signed Jeremy Hermida and assigned him to their Triple-A affiliate. He was cut loose by the BoSox earlier in the week.
- The Mets are open to a multi-year deal with knuckleballer R.A. Dickey.
- Milwaukee will be on the lookout for pitching this winter.
- The Red Sox claimed Mike Napoli on waivers but couldn't reach a deal with the Halos.
- Minnesota shipped Loek Van Mil to the Angels to complete the Brian Fuentes deal. The Twins DFA'd the 7'1" pitcher earlier in the week.
- Colorado signed Luis Ayala.
- Former big league catcher Mike Rivera found a new home with the Marlins.
- The Padres DFA'd righthander Cesar Carrillo on Wednesday.
Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Quick Hits: Schierholtz, Diaz, Smoak, McGrady AL East Notes: Sizemore, Machado, Cervelli Braves Could Make Run At Ervin Santana Diamondbacks Outright Santos Rodriguez Offseason In Review: San Francisco Giants Minor Moves: Martinez, Erbe, Liz, Olmsted Offseason In Review: New York Yankees NL East Notes: Beachy, Santana, Braves, Mets Braves Acquire Zach Stewart Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz Out Of Options Players: AL East Morosi's Latest: Jays, Tigers, Rockies, Pineda, JDA Offseason In Review: Pittsburgh Pirates Twins Still Have Offer Out To Ervin Santana Quick Hits: Orioles, Nationals, Manaea, White Sox
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors