It's been another frustrating year for Mets fans, but the organization is looking for a new GM and at least one major agent says the team is capable of much better. Here are the details:
- The Mets have about seven top GM candidates and a longer list of 30 people they'd consider for the job, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com.
- The Mets will interview White Sox assistant GM Rick Hahn for their GM vacancy, according to Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com.
- Agent Scott Boras told Dan Martin of the New York Post that the Mets have what it takes to turn the team around. "The issue is transferring the success they enjoy in business and operating revenue issues and getting it to the field," Boras said. "I know they're working hard."
- Boras said the Mets are a "valid option" for his free agents and added that New York City is "a great place to play."
- Former Rangers and Indians GM John Hart told Joel Sherman of the New York Post that he has interest in becoming the next Mets GM. Now a senior adviser to the Rangers, Hart does not appear to be a leading candidate for the job, according to Sherman.
- The Mets "definitely" consider MLB executive Sandy Alderson a GM candidate, according to Andy Martino of the New York Daily News. Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com hears that Alderson would not need MLB's permission to take an offer from the Mets (Twitter links).