As the baseball world focuses on the League Division Series, we here at MLBTR are looking ahead to the offseason. Here's a recap of our original content from the past week...
- Ben Nicholson-Smith broke down Jose Bautista's historic arbitration case with some help from an expert.
- Tim Dierkes looked at the free agent market for second basemen, shortstops, and third basemen, as well as the trade market for first basemen, second basemen, and shortstops. He also listed the hardest-throwing free agent relievers.
- Tim also looked at the arbitration cases facing the Diamondbacks, Cardinals, Pirates, Brewers, and Astros this winter.
- Ben continued his series looking at what was said when each of the current general managers were hired. This week he tackled the NL East and NL Central.
- Mark Polishuk listed the managers and general managers who are entering the final year of their contracts. Ben re-introduced us to Sandy Alderson, the leading candidate for the Mets GM job.
- As usual, we examined the stock of several soon-to-be free agents. This week we tackled Carl Crawford of the Rays, Takashi Saito of the Braves, Jonny Gomes of the Reds, and Rick Ankiel of the Braves. We also looked at two non-tender candidates: Todd Coffey of the Brewers, and James Loney of the Dodgers.
- Our series looking at the largest bonuses each team has given to amateurs continued with the Braves, Orioles, and Red Sox.
- Among the poll questions this week, we asked who you thought would win the ALCS as well as the NLCS. We also want to know what you think the Reds will do with Orlando Cabrera's option.
- I dug up the latest and greatest links in this week's edition of Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- Howard Megdal's latest Jack Of All Trades post highlighted Nelson Cruz.
- Here is Tim's chat transcript.
- Last, but certainly not least, welcome to all of the new readers that stumbled across the site this week! Here's a handy guide with all the different ways you can use MLBTR, as well as a list of our regular features. Make sure you check out our complete list of 2011 free agents.
Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros To Sign Scott Feldman Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
NL West Notes: Dodgers, Kemp, D'Backs, Uribe NL East Rumors: Marlins, Morrison, Rodriguez Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Astros Sign Chad Qualls Minor Moves: Wily Mo Pena, Corky Miller Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Lincecum, Ellsbury, Granderson Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson Yankees Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Qualifying Offer And Draft Pick Compensation Update AL East Notes: Beltran, Red Sox, Orioles Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Yankees Receiving Significant Interest In Brett Gardner Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Rakuten Golden Eagles May Not Post Masahiro Tanaka Orioles Sign Francisco Peguero
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors