On this date six years ago, the Rangers lost Colby Lewis when the Tigers claimed him on waivers. Texas signed Lewis last offseason and the right-hander will take the hill tomorrow as he and the Rangers try to put away the Rays. Here are today's links...
- The Astros are no longer pursuing free agent pitching prospect Barret Loux, GM Ed Wade told Brian McTaggart of MLB.com. The Marlins, Rangers, Cubs, Twins, Giants, Brewers, Phillies and Mariners have also scouted the 2010 first rounder.
- Padres CEO Jeff Moorad and GM Jed Hoyer told Tim Sullivan of the San Diego Union-Tribune that they wish the team had pursued Pat Burrell more aggressively early in the season.
- Dodgers president Dennis Mannion will leave the organization and owner Frank McCourt will take on a more active role with the team, according to MLB.com's Ken Gurnick.
- A scout told Jim Callis of Baseball America that comparisons between Mike Trout and Mickey Mantle are "actually pretty good." Trout, one of the game's top prospects, probably hasn't heard that one before (Twitter link).
- Indians GM Chris Antonetti promoted several members of his front office, as Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.