Another day of the Winter Meetings is officially in the books. Here's everything that's happened since yesterday's Day In Review post:
- The highest profile move of the day belongs to the Cubs, who agreed to terms with Carlos Pena on a one-year deal believed to be worth $10MM late last night. Chicago's also shopping Tom Gorzelanny, and the Tigers have shown interest.
- The Rockies made the next-biggest signing of the day, inking Ty Wigginton for two years and $8MM. That's far more money than most people had pegged Wigginton for.
- The Yankees' signing of Derek Jeter became official.
- Lots of low-profile moves, such as the Dodgers signing Tony Gwynn Jr. to a one-year deal for $675K and the Pirates agreeing to a surprising two-year deal with Matt Diaz. Pittsburgh is also looking at multiple relievers.
- The Mets made a pair of free agent signings, agreeing to terms with Ronny Paulino on a one-year, $1.3MM deal and D.J. Carrasco on a two-year, $2.5MM deal.
- A few more low-budget moves appear to be on the horizon, as the Padres are close to signing Dustin Moseley to a one-year deal and the Dodgers nearing an agreement with Vicente Padilla for $2MM. Also, the Brewers are close to signing Wil Nieves and Dennys Reyes may sign with the Phillies within the next day or two.
- Much was made last night of talks to send Michael Young from Texas to Colorado, but in the end, the Rangers told their third basemen he'd be going nowhere. Meanwhile, Texas likes Magglio Ordonez.
- The Cubs and Rangers were said to be discussing a multi-player deal that would send Chris Davis and Darren O'Day to Chicago. Their signing of Carlos Pena may impact that train of thought.
- The Orioles appear to be closing in on a deal to keep Koji Uehara in Baltimore, and will not be trading for Jason Bartlett, as was rumored. The same is true of the rumored Kenshin Kawakami swap.
- We learned that Tsuyoshi Nishioka is looking for about $12MM total over three years, and the Twins aren't far off. However there were no talks between the two sides yesterday, though no one is worried about getting something done.
- Oakland made a serious offer to Brandon McCarthy and is considering several DH types including Hideki Matsui and Vladimir Guerrero.
- The Braves will begin talk about an extension for Dan Uggla and are confident one can be reached.
- The Nationals have switched their focus to Adam LaRoche, are out on Carl Pavano, but may still be in talks for Cliff Lee.
- Ryan Ludwick is drawing trade interest from several teams.
- The Cardinals have considered adding Yadier Molina's older brother Bengie Molina as a backup.
- Jesse Crain is reportedly looking for Joaquin Benoit money. Good luck with that. His former teammate Matt Guerrier was rumored to be as well, before his agent shot that down.
- More on the reliever front -- Kevin Gregg has received offers from three teams, while the Yankees and possibly White Sox are in on Kerry Wood.
- The latest on big name free agents and trade chips: Cliff Lee's offers have allegedly jumped to seven years, though no teams are owning up to it. Carl Crawford remains the Angels' top priority, clubs are upping their offers for Zack Greinke, three teams called about Prince Fielder, the Rays are motivated to move Matt Garza, Brandon Webb's agent met with several clubs, and the Red Sox are talking about Carlos Beltran.
Mets To Sign Bartolo Colon Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Pirates Extend Charlie Morton Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Fernando Rodney Seeking $10MM Per Year Doug Fister's Hidden Value To The Nationals Yankees Turned Down Gardner-For-Phillips Swap Looking At The Market For Kendrys Morales Minor Moves: Wilk, Martin, Hottovy Blue Jays Agree To Sign Tomo Ohka Braves Avoid Arbitration With Jordan Walden Quick Hits: Dodgers, Arroyo, Giants, Axford AL East Rumors: Drew, Balfour, Orioles, Red Sox Orioles Made Offers To Balfour, Axford Shin-Soo Choo Rumors: Wednesday Astros In Serious Discussions With Mike Morse West Notes: Morales, Kemp, Sandoval, Baker Quick Hits: Diaz, Benoit, Axford, Feldman, Ibanez NL Central Rumors: Boggs, Cubs, Pirates, Burnett
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors