Another day of the Winter Meetings is officially in the books. Here's everything that's happened since yesterday's Day In Review post:
- The highest profile move of the day belongs to the Cubs, who agreed to terms with Carlos Pena on a one-year deal believed to be worth $10MM late last night. Chicago's also shopping Tom Gorzelanny, and the Tigers have shown interest.
- The Rockies made the next-biggest signing of the day, inking Ty Wigginton for two years and $8MM. That's far more money than most people had pegged Wigginton for.
- The Yankees' signing of Derek Jeter became official.
- Lots of low-profile moves, such as the Dodgers signing Tony Gwynn Jr. to a one-year deal for $675K and the Pirates agreeing to a surprising two-year deal with Matt Diaz. Pittsburgh is also looking at multiple relievers.
- The Mets made a pair of free agent signings, agreeing to terms with Ronny Paulino on a one-year, $1.3MM deal and D.J. Carrasco on a two-year, $2.5MM deal.
- A few more low-budget moves appear to be on the horizon, as the Padres are close to signing Dustin Moseley to a one-year deal and the Dodgers nearing an agreement with Vicente Padilla for $2MM. Also, the Brewers are close to signing Wil Nieves and Dennys Reyes may sign with the Phillies within the next day or two.
- Much was made last night of talks to send Michael Young from Texas to Colorado, but in the end, the Rangers told their third basemen he'd be going nowhere. Meanwhile, Texas likes Magglio Ordonez.
- The Cubs and Rangers were said to be discussing a multi-player deal that would send Chris Davis and Darren O'Day to Chicago. Their signing of Carlos Pena may impact that train of thought.
- The Orioles appear to be closing in on a deal to keep Koji Uehara in Baltimore, and will not be trading for Jason Bartlett, as was rumored. The same is true of the rumored Kenshin Kawakami swap.
- We learned that Tsuyoshi Nishioka is looking for about $12MM total over three years, and the Twins aren't far off. However there were no talks between the two sides yesterday, though no one is worried about getting something done.
- Oakland made a serious offer to Brandon McCarthy and is considering several DH types including Hideki Matsui and Vladimir Guerrero.
- The Braves will begin talk about an extension for Dan Uggla and are confident one can be reached.
- The Nationals have switched their focus to Adam LaRoche, are out on Carl Pavano, but may still be in talks for Cliff Lee.
- Ryan Ludwick is drawing trade interest from several teams.
- The Cardinals have considered adding Yadier Molina's older brother Bengie Molina as a backup.
- Jesse Crain is reportedly looking for Joaquin Benoit money. Good luck with that. His former teammate Matt Guerrier was rumored to be as well, before his agent shot that down.
- More on the reliever front -- Kevin Gregg has received offers from three teams, while the Yankees and possibly White Sox are in on Kerry Wood.
- The latest on big name free agents and trade chips: Cliff Lee's offers have allegedly jumped to seven years, though no teams are owning up to it. Carl Crawford remains the Angels' top priority, clubs are upping their offers for Zack Greinke, three teams called about Prince Fielder, the Rays are motivated to move Matt Garza, Brandon Webb's agent met with several clubs, and the Red Sox are talking about Carlos Beltran.
Marlins Release Jon Rauch Derek Lowe Clears Waivers Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Dodgers To Sign Jonathan Sanchez Phillies Sign Carlos Zambrano Rays Sign Cory Wade Mets To Sign Rick Ankiel
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Cherington On Ellsbury, Masterson, Theo Rangers Sign Mark Teahen, Waive Derek Lowe Mariners To Demote Jesus Montero Prospect Rumor Roundup: Talking Twins Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment AL West Notes: Angels, Jesus Montero, Cotts Quick Hits: Francona, Indians, Mattingly, Dodgers Cafardo on Tanaka, Blue Jays, Red Sox, Phillies AL East Notes: Orioles, Red Sox, Ellsbury Antonetti on Bourn, Bauer, Pitching Draft Notes: Astros, Appel, Gray, Cubs, Harvey Minor Moves: Dustin Martin, Josh Horton West Links: Dodgers, Ethier, Norberto, Mariners Derek Lowe Clears Waivers NL Central Links: Garcia, Carpenter, Garza
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors