Links for Sunday, as we start the countdown to next Christmas…
- Brandon Webb's physical with the Rangers will take place early this week, tweets Ken Rosenthal. No problems are anticipated.
- The Yankees have no interest in signing Manny Ramirez, tweets ESPN's Buster Olney. They had internal talks about him earlier this offseason, but they already have a full-time designated hitter and three regular outfielders lined up.
- Newsday's Ken Davidoff says the best-case scenario for the Rays would have Rafael Soriano signing with the Rockies, Cardinals, Padres, Rangers, Reds, Braves, Giants, Twins, or Phillies because they are non-AL East teams with unprotected first round picks. Just eyeballing it, about seven of those teams either don't need a closer or can't afford someone of Soriano's caliber.
- Within this Denver Post column by Troy Renck regarding expectations for Carlos Gonzalez, there's word that Todd Helton has already gotten on the outfielder about "not getting fat and happy."
- Anthony McCarron of The New York Daily News spoke to Mark Prior about his latest comeback attempt and all the injuries that derailed his career.
- The Phillies are now playing with the big boys, says Matt Gelb of The Philadelphia Inquirer.