Let's take a look back at the past week here on MLBTR:
- It was a busy week out in Boston; the Red Sox acquired Franklin Morales from the Rockies for a player to be named later and designated Hideki Okajima for assignment. They also signed Kevin Millwood and designated Daniel Nava for assignment.
- The Diamondbacks cut a pair of their offseason acquisitions, releasing Russell Branyan and designating Armando Galarraga for assignment. Galarraga will remain with the organization though, after clearing waivers and accepting a Triple-A assignment.
- It came as no surprise when the Mariners released problematic outfielder Milton Bradley. He hit just .208/.298/.351 as a Mariner.
- The Phillies could face luxury taxes with some midseason additions. Their payroll currently sits at $175MM, and anything beyond $178MM would incur taxes of 22.5% -- no small sum, even for an MLB team.
- Ken Rosenthal's Full Count video told us that the Phillies have inquired on Hunter Pence and that the Angels are looking for a corner infielder with some power to add to their lineup.
- The Orioles have explored a long-term deal with Adam Jones, but discussions didn't get very far. Jones likely wants to establish himself more before agreeing to any kind of long-term commitment.
- The Tigers will consider trading for offense this summer, but names like David Wright and Carlos Beltran are likely out of their price range.
- Fans looking for their team to acquire starting pitching can likely cross Derek Lowe off their wish lists; the Braves have no interest in dealing the veteran right-hander.
- For those who are anxiously anticipating the 2011 draft, ESPN's Keith Law released his first mock draft earlier this week.
- Lots of minor moves this week, as usual, but here's a few of the highlights: the Mets removed Chin-lung Hu from their 40-man roster when they outrighted him to Triple-A, the Rockies designated Felipe Paulino for assignment, the Rays designated Dan Johnson for assignment, the Royals DFA'ed Kanekoa Texeira, and Jess Todd's career has come full circle as he's now back with the Cardinals, who claimed him on waivers from the Yankees this week.
- To keep up with the rest of the minor moves from the week, check our Transactions tag, follow @mlbtrtrans on Twitter, or use MLBTR's Transaction Tracker.
Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros To Sign Scott Feldman Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski Athletics Acquire Jim Johnson For Jemile Weeks
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Quick Hits: Astros, Papelbon, Happ, Betancourt Central Notes: Phillips, Axford, Joba, Buck Yankees Notes: Infante, Price, Drew, Choo NL West Notes: Kemp, Veras, Crain, Padres Reaction & Analysis To Robinson Cano's Signing Red Sox Links: Mujica, Payroll, Drew Notes On Granderson, Beltran, Napoli Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Minor Moves: Thames, Tekotte, McDade Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Indians Notes: Albers, Carson, Antonetti Market Reset: 2013-14 Free Agent Spending To Date Orioles Notes: Free Agents, Johnson, Wolf, Feldman Phillies Shopping Jonathan Papelbon
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors