Here are some Sunday evening Quick Hits as the Reds take on the Giants..
- The Astros have been dominating the rumor mill over the last several weeks in Major League Baseball, writes Stephen Goff of Examiner.com. Teams have been calling GM Ed Wade about deals but even he isn't safe from rumors as he's said by some to be on the hot seat.
- The Pirates are actively looking to acquire a catcher after losing their top three catchers to injury. Meanwhile, they don't feel that top catching prospect Tony Sanchez is ready for a big league promotion, writes Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com.
- Kevin Millwood, who recently signed a minor league deal with the Red Sox, says that he's progressing with each Triple-A outing, writes Brian MacPherson of The Providence Journal. The veteran signed a minor league deal with the Yankees earlier in the year but opted out on May 1st.
- Stephen Goff of Examiner.com (via Twitter) tips his cap to Astros scouting director Bobby Heck for already getting 26 out of their 50 Draft picks signed.
- The Brewers are thinking about a mid-week promotion for Mat Gamel, but the club won't have to designate anyone for assignment to make the move, writes MLB.com's Adam McCalvy. Relievers Marco Estrada and Tim Dillard both have a minor league option remaining.