Eleven years ago today, the Yankees swept the Mets in baseball's first two-park doubleheader since 1903. Doc Gooden returned to Shea Stadium and pitched the Yankees to a 4-2 win in the first game, then Roger Clemens gave the Yankees another win by the same score at Yankee Stadium in the nightcap. The two clubs had a game rained out in the Bronx earlier that month.
Here is this week's collection of links from around the baseball blogosphere...
- Phoul Ballz spoke to Brad Lidge after one of his recent minor league rehab outings.
- Penn League Report interviewed Rays' second rounder Lenny Linsky.
- Pirates Prospects revisits some of the Pirates' recent trades (part one, part two).
- The Days of Yost tackled the Brewers' shortstop problem (part one, part two, part three).
- Bleacher Nation compiled a complete list of Cubs trade candidates.
- Brotherly Glove thinks the Phillies should pursue Koji Uehara.
- FanSpeak mused about a Laynce Nix for B.J. Upton trade.
- Rising Apple says the Mets should trade Angel Pagan, not Carlos Beltran.
- Meanwhile, CitiField Nine believes the Mets should start over by trading David Wright and Jose Reyes.
- BoSox Banter don't want the Red Sox to trade prospects for a rental.
- SoDo Mojo thinks Kyle Seager would be best used as a trade chip.
- The Nats Blog wrote about Jordan Zimmermann's pitch limits and what they tell us about Stephen Strasburg.
- The Todd Van Poppel Rookie Card Retirement Plan isn't sure what to make of Guillermo Moscoso.
- Tomahawk Chop wonders if the Braves would be willing to trade Brandon Beachy.
- Chicken Friars asks Padres fans if they'd rather keep Heath Bell or Mike Adams.
- Padres Future checked in on the state of the Padres at each position.
- D'Backs Central breaks down the Diamondbacks' bullpen.
- We Should Be GMs came up with a new stat in honor or Ryan Howard.
- Motor City Bengals says the Tigers will sink or swim with their veteran infielders.
- Splashing Pumpkins analyzed Nate Schierholtz's batting stance.
- Pitchers & Poets wrote about the problem with the pick-off throw.
- Call To The Pen listed their first half MVPs for the AL Central.
- Beer Leaguer took a look at Mark Buehrle's Hall of Fame chances.
- MLB Reports discussed the possibility of adding two teams to the league.
- The Hardball Times broke down the Home Run Derby participants.
- Infield Chatter wrote about the impact of social media on MLB.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.