MLB teams have until August 15th to sign their 2011 draft picks. Here are the latest signings, with less than two weeks to go before the deadline…
- The Tigers signed fifth round pick Brandon Loy to a deal with a $212K bonus, according to Jim Callis of Baseball America (via Twitter). The slot recommendation was $146.7K.
- Indians 16th rounder Ryan Merritt agreed to sign a $150K deal with Cleveland, according to Jim Callis of Baseball America (on Twitter).
- The Pirates announced that they signed high school right-hander Jake Burnette. The seventh rounder gets $550K, according to Callis (on Twitter).
- The Pirates agreed to sign fifth rounder Tyler Glasnow for $600K, according to Callis. It’s the highest known deal outside of the first 65 picks this year, Callis reports.
- Angels first rounder C.J. Cron, who signed in June, slugged three homers last night, according to Ashley Marshall of MLB.com. The 21-year-old has 11 homers in his first 137 professional plate appearances.