Padres center fielder Cameron Maybin is starting to look like one of the top acquisitions of last offseason. He has a .279/.332/.408 line with seven homers and 29 stolen bases after today's game. Here are today's ilnks…
- Michael Rosenberg of the Detroit Free Press suggests the Tigers should be relying on younger players rather than the likes of Magglio Ordonez and Carlos Guillen.
- Yahoo's Jeff Passan says it's Justin Verlander's Cy Young Award to lose, though C.C. Sabathia and Jered Weaver can’t be ruled out yet.
- David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News explains that Phillies manager Charlie Manuel could use a second left-hander out of the bullpen, not that the need is that pressing.
- Mets third baseman David Wright isn't available, but the Rockies do like him, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post (on Twitter).
- Alfonso Soriano told Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times that he thinks there's a 50-50 chance he returns to Chicago next year. The Cubs still owe him $54MM through 2014, so they'd have to eat a lot of money in any trade.