Here's a look back at the week following the trade deadline..
- The Mets remain highly unlikely to offer Jose Reyes a contract similar to Carl Crawford's contract at seven-years, $142MM. Reportedly, both the guaranteed money and the length of Crawford’s contract would be unappealing to the Mets.
- No surprise here, Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. doesn’t want to let Jimmy Rollins slip away when he hits free agency.
- After a career that has spanned nearly two decades, Matt Stairs announced that he's retiring. The 43-year-old was designated for assignment by the Nationals last Wednesday and released on Monday.
- The Twins recently approached Michael Cuddyer about a contract extension and floated the idea of a two-year, $16MM deal. The conversations didn’t progress from there and Cuddyer appears to prefer to postpone negotiations until after the season.
- The Braves are in the market for a right-handed pinch hitter who can complement the left-handed hitting Eric Hinske off of the bench.
- Closer Heath Bell intends to accept arbitration after the season from the Padres if the two sides have not worked out a contract extension. Later on, Padres owner Jeff Moorad said that he doesn't mind if Bell accepts arbitration after the season.
- Baltimore released Justin Duchscherer, who never appeared in a game for the Orioles. The 33-year-old right-hander spent the entire season on the disabled list with a strained left hip after signing a one-year deal in February that paid him $700K plus incentives.
- Later that day, the Orioles claimed Jo-Jo Reyes after the Blue Jays designated the left-hander for assignment.
- After opting out of his deal with the Athletics, pitcher Willie Eyre agreed to a deal with the Orioles.
- Brett Carroll refused an outright assignment from the Brewers and is now a free agent.
- The Mariners released Jack Cust, who was designated for assignment last week.
- The Athletics designated left-hander Jerry Blevins for assignment in order to call up Adam Rosales from Triple-A.
- David Purcey was designated for assignment by the Tigers to clear a spot for reliever David Pauley.
- The Rangers designated Arthur Rhodes for assignment, to create roster space for newly-acquired right-hander Mike Adams.
- The Phillies released reliever Danys Baez after he cleared waivers. The veteran had been designated for assignment recently to create a spot for Brad Lidge.
- This week we learned that Japanese pitcher Hisashi Iwakuma hired Paul Cobbe of Sosnick-Cobbe Sports as his new agent several months ago.
- First baseman Lyle Overbay was DFA'd by the Pirates.
- Red Sox righty Clay Buchholz is unlikely to pitch again in the regular season due to a stress fracture in his back which explains why the Red Sox picked up Erik Bedard.
Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros To Sign Scott Feldman Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Report Describes Dysfunction In Mariners' Front Office AL East Notes: Rays, Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles Reds Notes: Phillips, Choo, Chapman, Bailey Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Rosenthal's Latest: Choo, Cruz, Price, Kemp, Tanaka Latest On The A's And San Jose Stark Previews Winter Meetings NL West Notes: Dodgers, Kemp, D'Backs, Uribe NL East Rumors: Marlins, Morrison, Rodriguez Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Astros Sign Chad Qualls Minor Moves: Wily Mo Pena, Corky Miller Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Lincecum, Ellsbury, Granderson Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson Yankees Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors