Lots of original content from the MLBTR team this week as the offseason approaches. Here's a quick rundown:
- MLBTR unveiled its new Free Agent Tracker to help you keep track of all of the exciting action this offseason.
- Tim Dierkes looked at the free agent and trade markets for first basemen, second basemen and center fielders, while Ben Nicholson-Smith looked ahead to the market at shortstop, third base and left field.
- Tim and Ben provided offseason outlooks for the Yankees, Tigers, Reds, Indians, Red Sox, Giants, and Dodgers.
- Tim polled five agents and a team executive on Yu Darvish's posting fee and contract and came to the conclusion that signing Darvish would mean a $100MM+ commitment.
- Tim provided quotes from new Cubs GM Theo Epstein's press conference, while Ben did the same for Ben Cherington of the Red Sox.
- Tim learned which players became Super Twos -- including David Price and Rick Porcello. Ben explained which players just missed the cut.
- Mike Axisa collected and summarized the best of the blogosphere in another edition of Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- Howard Megdal took a look at some teams that are losing the best player they've ever had at a position, including the Cardinals (Albert Pujols), Mets (Jose Reyes), and Phillies (Jimmy Rollins).
- Brace yourself for Howard's second piece of the week, as he runs down the spookiest transactions in baseball history with Halloween just around the corner.
- MLBTR contributor Matt Swartz covered arbitration salaries in a three-part series that began with an overview of his projection model, followed by his insight on hitters' projected arbitration salaries and pitchers' projected arbitration salaries. Matt's work has been a huge boost to MLBTR and his posts this week make for fantastic, fascinating reads.
- Tim was at the wheel for the weekly MLBTR Chat.
- MLBTR's upgraded iPhone app is now available.
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
AL Notes: Defensive Value, White Sox, Astros, Fuld NL Notes: Hamels, Morse, Diamondbacks, Walker Kole Calhoun To Miss Four To Six Weeks Minor Moves: Giants Release Dontrelle Willis Padres Notes: Gyorko, Headley, Cashner Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen Athletics Claim Marcus Walden Off Waivers From Blue Jays Mets Outright Lannan, Promote Matsuzaka AL West Notes: Astros, Franklin, Walker, Reddick Morales Rejected $30MM Extension Last Summer Astros To Promote George Springer Astros To Designate Lucas Harrell For Assignment Minor Moves: Scott Cousins NL Notes: Johnson, Cubs, Bradley Ryan Zimmerman To Miss Four to Six Weeks
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors