Bob Garber, the agent for both C.J. Wilson and Roy Oswalt, has been quite busy at the GM meetings as he's met or plans to meet with the Marlins, Yankees, Royals, Angels, Nationals, Rockies, and Rangers during his time in Milwaukee. Garber also told MLBTR that he had at least three new meetings scheduled for today. Here's the latest news surrounding Wilson, with the newest updates up top...
- Rangers president Nolan Ryan only had good things to say about Wilson today, but didn't sound overly optimistic about re-signing him, according to Danny Knobler of CBS Sports (Twitter link). Ryan said of the left-hander: "You know, he was a big part of our team. Any ballclub's going to miss that if they lose it" (Twitter link).
- The Red Sox will meet with Garber tonight, tweets Daniel Barbarisi of the Wall Street Journal.
- Jon Heyman of SI.com (via Twitter) reports that Wilson is setting his sights high for his next contract, seeking a six-year deal worth close to $120MM.
- Wilson will start visiting clubs next week and the Angels are among the teams that will get visit, tweets Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times. DiGiovanna adds that Garber will have met with ten teams by end of the GM meetings.
- As we learned yesterday, Garber requested a meeting between Wilson and the Yankees in New York. Garber is still waiting to hear back from the Yanks, tweets Jon Heyman of Sports Illustrated.
- The Marlins have interest in both Wilson and Oswalt, but have more interest in Wilson, tweets Joe Capozzi of The Palm Beach Post.