The latest on free agent southpaw Mark Buehrle…
- Nationals GM Mike Rizzo made it pretty clear Buehrle is his only free agent pitching target, reports Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com. The Nationals are waiting for Buehrle to make a decision, tweets MLB.com's Bill Ladson. The Nationals offered three years and $42-45MM, tweets Pete Kerzel of MASNSports.com.
- The Nationals and Marlins are finalists for Buehrle, tweets Ken Rosenthal. Rangers president Nolan Ryan does not expect to land Buehrle, tweets Jon Paul Morosi.
- The Nationals are still in play and talks have intensified, tweets MLB.com's Bill Ladson.
- The Marlins are definitely still in on Buehrle, tweets Danny Knobler.
- Buehrle has narrowed the field to three teams and is expected to decide within 24 hours, tweets Jim Bowden of MLB Network Radio and ESPN.com.
- Look for the Marlins to go hard after Buehrle as soon as possible if they don't land Albert Pujols, tweets Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald.
Tim Dierkes contributed to this post.