In case you missed it the first time around, here's a look back at the week that was here at MLBTR:
- Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun won his appeal of a 50-game suspension for testing positive for a PED last October.
- The Nationals and Ryan Zimmerman inched toward a contract extension that eventually came to fruition today.
- Free agent starter Roy Oswalt said he'll sign with a contender after the season begins.
- Reds closer Ryan Madson said he'll retain Scott Boras as his agent despite having to settle for a below-market-value contract this offseason.
- The Yankees rounded out their roster, signing DH Raul Ibanez and agreeing to terms with infielder Eric Chavez on one-year contracts.
- The Pirates acquired right-hander A.J. Burnett from the Yankees in exchange for prospects Exicardo Cayones and Diego Moreno.
- The Phillies signed right-hander Kyle Kendrick to a two-year extension, a deal that doesn't carry into his free agent years.
- The Angels signed reliever Jason Isringhausen to a minor league contract.
- The Cardinals and catcher Yadier Molina progressed enough in extension talks that one could transpire within the week.
- The Padres continued extension talks with center fielder Cameron Maybin.
- Phillies lefty Cole Hamels, a free agent after 2012, indicated he has no deadline for a potential contract extension.
- The Yankees signed reliever David Aardsma, coming off 2011 Tommy John surgery, to an incentive-laden Major League deal.
- Twins first baseman Justin Morneau acknowledged that concussion symptoms could threaten his career.
- Braves lefty Mike Minor said he'd like to be traded if he's not in the rotation this season, though he later couched those remarks.
- The Yankees and catcher Russell Martin tabled extension talks.
- Brewers righty Francisco Rodriguez mulled taking legal action against his former representatives.
- The Rockies and manager Jim Tracy agreed to an indefinite contract extension.
- The Athletics signed outfielder/DH Manny Ramirez to a minor league contract.
- Mike Cameron called it a career.
- The Dodgers claimed outfielder Matt Angle off of waivers from the Orioles.
- A couple of outstanding compensation cases were (somewhat) settled: The Red Sox acquired reliever Chris Carpenter and a player to be from the Cubs in exchange for Theo Epstein, while the Padres will receive a player to be named (among 12 prospects) from the Cubs for Jed Hoyer.
- After signing a minor league contract with the Indians this offseason, Jon Garland didn't join the club after declining a physical.
- Free agent infielder Edgar Renteria indicated he's leaning toward retirement.
- The Brewers signed Jay Gibbons to a minor league contract.
- The Indians signed infielder Cristian Guzman to a minor league deal.
- The Blue Jays signed Rick VandenHurk to a non-guaranteed split contract.
- The Rangers acquired Kelvin De La Cruz from the Indians.
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
White Sox Designate Donnie Veal For Assignment Teams Wield Advance Consent Hammer California Notes: Ramirez, Billingsley, Puig, Athletics AL Notes: Nunez, Vizquel, Cousins, A's AL Notes: Defensive Value, White Sox, Astros, Fuld NL Notes: Hamels, Morse, Diamondbacks, Walker Kole Calhoun To Miss Four To Six Weeks Minor Moves: Giants Release Dontrelle Willis Padres Notes: Gyorko, Headley, Cashner Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen Athletics Claim Marcus Walden Off Waivers From Blue Jays Mets Outright Lannan, Promote Matsuzaka AL West Notes: Astros, Franklin, Walker, Reddick Morales Rejected $30MM Extension Last Summer Astros To Promote George Springer
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors