In case you missed it the first time around, here's a look back at the week that was here at MLBTR:
- Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun won his appeal of a 50-game suspension for testing positive for a PED last October.
- The Nationals and Ryan Zimmerman inched toward a contract extension that eventually came to fruition today.
- Free agent starter Roy Oswalt said he'll sign with a contender after the season begins.
- Reds closer Ryan Madson said he'll retain Scott Boras as his agent despite having to settle for a below-market-value contract this offseason.
- The Yankees rounded out their roster, signing DH Raul Ibanez and agreeing to terms with infielder Eric Chavez on one-year contracts.
- The Pirates acquired right-hander A.J. Burnett from the Yankees in exchange for prospects Exicardo Cayones and Diego Moreno.
- The Phillies signed right-hander Kyle Kendrick to a two-year extension, a deal that doesn't carry into his free agent years.
- The Angels signed reliever Jason Isringhausen to a minor league contract.
- The Cardinals and catcher Yadier Molina progressed enough in extension talks that one could transpire within the week.
- The Padres continued extension talks with center fielder Cameron Maybin.
- Phillies lefty Cole Hamels, a free agent after 2012, indicated he has no deadline for a potential contract extension.
- The Yankees signed reliever David Aardsma, coming off 2011 Tommy John surgery, to an incentive-laden Major League deal.
- Twins first baseman Justin Morneau acknowledged that concussion symptoms could threaten his career.
- Braves lefty Mike Minor said he'd like to be traded if he's not in the rotation this season, though he later couched those remarks.
- The Yankees and catcher Russell Martin tabled extension talks.
- Brewers righty Francisco Rodriguez mulled taking legal action against his former representatives.
- The Rockies and manager Jim Tracy agreed to an indefinite contract extension.
- The Athletics signed outfielder/DH Manny Ramirez to a minor league contract.
- Mike Cameron called it a career.
- The Dodgers claimed outfielder Matt Angle off of waivers from the Orioles.
- A couple of outstanding compensation cases were (somewhat) settled: The Red Sox acquired reliever Chris Carpenter and a player to be from the Cubs in exchange for Theo Epstein, while the Padres will receive a player to be named (among 12 prospects) from the Cubs for Jed Hoyer.
- After signing a minor league contract with the Indians this offseason, Jon Garland didn't join the club after declining a physical.
- Free agent infielder Edgar Renteria indicated he's leaning toward retirement.
- The Brewers signed Jay Gibbons to a minor league contract.
- The Indians signed infielder Cristian Guzman to a minor league deal.
- The Blue Jays signed Rick VandenHurk to a non-guaranteed split contract.
- The Rangers acquired Kelvin De La Cruz from the Indians.
Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
New York Notes: Cashman, Santana, Pelfrey, Ibanez Week In Review: 12/1/13 - 12/7/13 AL East Notes: Price, Orioles, Axford, Hinske Astros Sign Scott Feldman Yankees Open To Trading Ichiro Suzuki Central Notes: Pirates, Royals, White Sox West Notes: Cano, Astros, Padres, Dodgers East Notes: Rays, Phillies, Mets More Than 15 Teams Interested In Andrew Bailey Report Describes Dysfunction In Mariners' Front Office AL East Notes: Rays, Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles Reds Notes: Phillips, Choo, Chapman, Bailey Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Rosenthal's Latest: Choo, Cruz, Price, Kemp, Tanaka Latest On The A's And San Jose
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors