Here's a look back at the original reporting and analysis produced by MLBTR's writing staff this week..
- We're always looking ahead here at MLBTR and this week Tim rolled out his early analysis of the 2013-14 free agent class.
- Some questioned the Nats' decision to take a closer so early in the draft, but Drew Storen hasn't disappointed on the promise he flashed as an amateur, writes Dan Mennella. Dan gave his thoughts on what it might take for Washington to extend Storen.
- For all of the hype generated by Craig Kimbrel and Jonny Venters last year, many overlooked the impressive numbers posted by Braves left-hander Eric O'Flaherty. Mark Polishuk took notice, however, and believes that a three-year, $12MM deal would be appropriate for the 27-year-old.
- This week's installment of Baseball Blogs Weigh In from Mike Axisa covers Andrew McCutchen's extension and Yu Darvish's spring debut.
- Speaking of McCutchen's deal, the Pirates are now set focus their attention on a new deal for second baseman Neil Walker. Tim examined what that contract might look like.
- The Red Sox have Jacoby Ellsbury under team control through 2013, but they might want to start thinking about a contract extension for him, Mark writes.
- This week's Sloan Sports Analytics Conference featured some of the brightest minds in baseball and many of the panelists gave their thoughts on the next frontier in the game.
- The Padres didn't get a discount on Cameron Maybin's arbitration years, Tim writes.
- The Yankees are looking to get under the $189MM threshold by 2014, but Mike's poll shows that roughly 72% of MLBTR readers aren't buying it.
- Tim conducted the weekly chat on Wednesday. If you missed out on it, you can check out the transcript right here.
- The Nationals' glut of starting pitching makes John Lannan a great trade candidate.
- Tim outlined some big money players who stand a chance of being cut at some point in 2012. Among those on the list are Vernon Wells, Barry Zito, and Jason Bay.
- What was the biggest surprise of the offseason? According to MLBTR readers, it was the Halos signing both Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson. A majority (26.4%) of MLBTR readers also picked the Angels as the American League team poised to make the biggest turnaround.
- Five players can lock in 2013 contract options with their play in 2012.
- Looking for a list of all of MLBTR's weekly features? Check out this post. It even includes MLBTR Originals, which is kind of meta, or something.
Cubs To Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Athletics Designate Daric Barton For Assignment Angels Claim Chris Nelson, Designate Scott Cousins Yankees Designate Alberto Gonzalez For Assignment Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment Padres Designate Thad Weber For Assignment Athletics Designate Chris Resop For Assignment Rockies Designate Reid Brignac For Assignment Angels Designate Barry Enright For Assignment Yankees Designate Chris Nelson For Assignment Dodgers To Sign Jonathan Sanchez Phillies Sign Carlos Zambrano Rays Sign Cory Wade Mets To Sign Rick Ankiel
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
MLBTR Originals NL West Notes: Mattingly, Goldschmidt, Gregorius East Notes: Braves, Brignac, Cabrera Week In Review: 5/12/13 - 5/18/13 AL West Notes: Profar, Astros, Mariners Cubs To Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment NL Central Notes: Hart, Choo, Arroyo, Cardinals Minor Moves: Barry Enright, Bill Hall Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber West Notes: Kershaw, Rockies, Rangers, Astros Quick Hits: Cardinals, Braves, Starting Pitching Market Rays Notes: Price, Odorizzi, Loney, Johnson Draft Notes: Astros, Renfroe, Appel Central Notes: Twins, Reynolds, Gomes, Choo Minor Moves: Wilson, Beimel, Parraz, Velazquez, Bell
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors