Tonight's minor moves..
- The Rockies signed former Cardinals left-hander Tyler Johnson to a minor league deal, according to the CBSSports.com transactions page. Johnson, who won a ring with the Cards in 2006, has been out of affiliated baseball since 2009.
- The Reds released left-hander Ron Mahay, according to the International League transactions page. The 40-year-old signed a minor league deal with the club in January and appeared in 14 games for their Triple-A affiliate this season. The veteran last pitched in the majors for the Twins in 2010 and was signed and released by the Dodgers, Diamondbacks and Cardinals in 2011.
- The Twins have released infielder Joe Thurston and first baseman Aaron Bates, according to Dustin Morse of the Twins (via Twitter). Thurston, 32, hooked on with Minnesota in late April after being cut by the Phillies. Once considered a top asset in the Dodgers' farm system, Thurston has yet to see significant time in the majors outside of his 124 game 2009 campaign with the Cardinals.
- The Rays signed former major-leaguer Ryan Garko to a minor league deal, according to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times (via Twitter). The first baseman spent time in Korea last year.
- Orioles infielder Zelous Wheeler has cleared waivers and been assigned to Double-A Bowie. Wheeler was DFA'd by Baltimore on Friday.