A look back at the original reporting and analysis from the MLBTR team this week.
- Ben Nicholson-Smith continued the 2013 Contract Issues series by examining several NL clubs: Cardinals, Pirates, Brewers, Astros, Reds, Cubs, Nationals, Phillies, & Mets.
- Ben also identified Cole Hamels and Jose Mijares as possible trade candidates. Some teams might have interest in Mijares as a specialist against left-handed hitters.
- Mark Polishuk discussed the possibility of a contract extension between Melky Cabrera and the Giants.
- Ben took a look at how the 2011 non-tenders are contributing with their new teams.
- Zach Links revisited the acrimonious split between the Mets and Rickey Henderson 12 years ago.
- Ben provided a brief primer on how free agent compensation works under baseball's new collective bargaining agreement.
- Mike Axisa rounded up the best of the baseball blogosphere in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- MLBTR first reported outfielder Nick Weglarz cleared waivers and was outrighted to Double-A.
- Ben hosted this week's live chat.