- The Dodgers signed Andre Ethier to a five-year, $85MM extension. Ethier boasts a solid .291/.363/.482 slash line for his career, but has a less-than-stellar defensive reputation.
- Jorge Soler is headed to Wrigley after the Cubs won the bidding and signed the Cuban outfielder to a nine-year deal worth approximately $30MM.
- The Twins signed second overall pick Byron Buxton. The high school outfielder will receive a bonus of $6MM, which is $200K below MLB's recommended figure of $6.2MM. Supplemental first round draft pick J.O. Berrios also signed with the Twins and will receive a $1.55MM bonus.
- Veteran infielder Aaron Miles retired from baseball on Wednesday after hitting .235/.297/.338 in 18 games for Triple-A Albuquerque this season.
- The Athletics granted Manny Ramirez his outright release after the former Red Sox star hit .302/.348/.349 for Triple-A Sacramento in 69 plate appearances this year.
- Vladimir Guerrero is a free agent as the Blue Jays released him at his request after failing to be promoted to the big leagues.
- Livan Hernandez's lengthy career may be coming to a close after the Braves designated the right-hander for assignment. He posted a 4.94 ERA with 5.5 K/9 and 2.3 BB/9 in 31 innings out of the bullpen for Atlanta.
- A's first baseman Kila Ka'aihue cleared waivers and has been outrighted to Triple-A Sacramento.
- Donnie Murphy's poor hitting has him headed to the minor leagues after the Marlins outrighted the utility infielder to Triple-A New Orleans. Murphy posted a .136/.250/.318 batting line in 52 plate appearances this season.
- The Cubs designated catcher Koyie Hill for assignment. Hill appeared in 11 games for the Cubs this year, collecting six singles and a double in 39 plate appearances.
- Esmil Rogers hopes a league change will remedy his pitching woes after the Indians acquired the right-hander from the Rockies for $150K. In a related move, the Indians outrighted catcher Luke Carlin to Triple-A after designating him for assignment.
- Catcher Omir Santos signed with the Rockies after cutting ties with the Tigers. The 31-year-old elected free agency last week after Detroit designated him for assignment.
- The Red Sox released Marlon Byrd after designating the outfielder for assignment earlier this month.
- The Red Sox signed supplemental first rounder Pat Light, who agreed to a bonus of $1MM.
- The Blue Jays signed first round draft pick D.J. Davis. The team also announced the signing of supplementary first round selections Mitchell Nay and Tyler Gonzales.
- The Indians signed first round pick Tyler Naquin, who will obtain a bonus of $1.75MM.
- The White Sox signed first round draft pick Courtney Hawkins. The outfielder will obtain a bonus of $2.475MM. Foregoing his scholarship to the University of Miami, supplementary first round pick Keon Barnum also signed with the White Sox
- Thanks to a busy front office, the Rangers signed their top five selections from the draft.
- First round selection Addison Russell signed with the Athletics as did supplementary first round pick Daniel Robertson.
- The Phillies signed supplemental first round pick Shane Watson, who will receive a bonus of $1.29MM.
- The Mets signed supplemental first round draft pick Kevin Plawecki. He'll obtain a $1.4MM bonus.
- First round draft pick Michael Wacha signed with the Cardinals and received a $1.9MM bonus. The Cardinals also signed supplementary first-round pick Stephen Piscotty, who will receive a $1.4MM bonus.
- The Reds signed first round pick Nick Travieso. The right-hander, selected 14th overall, will receive a $2MM bonus.
- The Pirates signed supplemental first round selection Barrett Barnes, who will obtain a $1MM bonus.
- Supplemental first round selections Paul Blackburn and Pierce Johnson signed with the Cubs.
- Supplemental first round draft pick Mitch Haniger signed with the Brewers and will obtain a $1.2MM bonus.
- The Padres signed first round selection Max Fried, who will obtain $3MM.
- The Rockies signed first round pick David Dahl. The high school outfielder, selected 10th overall, will receive a $2.6MM bonus. The Rockies also signed supplemental first round selection Eddie Butler for $1MM.
- The Giants signed first round pick Chris Stratton, who will receive the full $1.85MM slot bonus for the 20th overall selection..
- The Dodgers signed their supplementary first round draft choice Jesmuel Valentin.
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Kole Calhoun To Miss Four To Six Weeks Minor Moves: Giants Release Dontrelle Willis Padres Notes: Gyorko, Headley, Cashner Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen Athletics Claim Marcus Walden Off Waivers From Blue Jays Mets Outright Lannan, Promote Matsuzaka AL West Notes: Astros, Franklin, Walker, Reddick Morales Rejected $30MM Extension Last Summer Astros To Promote George Springer Astros To Designate Lucas Harrell For Assignment Minor Moves: Scott Cousins NL Notes: Johnson, Cubs, Bradley Ryan Zimmerman To Miss Four to Six Weeks Athletics Release Joe Blanton AL East Notes: Rays, Drew, Pineda, Lester
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors