In case you missed it the first time around, here's a look back at the week that was here on MLBTR...
- The Twins signed supplemental first round pick Luke Bard for $1.227MM. Bard, a right-hander out of Georgia Tech, was the 42nd overall pick earlier this month and is the brother of Red Sox right-hander Daniel Bard.
- With the arrival of Roy Oswalt from Triple-A, the Rangers designated Mark Hamburger for assignment to clear a 40-man roster spot for the right-hander.
- The Rays designated infielder Drew Sutton for assignment. Sutton, 28, posted a .271/.314/.354 batting line in 51 plate appearances for Tampa Bay this year.
- The Brewers designated infielder Edwin Maysonet and left-hander Juan Perez for assignment. One of the roster spots will be used for Livan Hernandez, who has officially joined the team after being released by the Braves.
- After reinstating Kosuke Fukudome from the 15-day disabled list, the White Sox designated the outfielder for assignment. The 35-year-old appeared in 24 games for Chicago and posted a .171/.294/.195 batting line in 51 plate appearances while playing all three outfield positions.
- The Braves signed reliever D.J. Carrasco to a minor league deal. The Mets released the 35-year-old right-hander in late May after he allowed six hits, including two home runs, in 3 2/3 innings.
- The Blue Jays acquired minor league right-hander Sean O'Sullivan from the Royals for cash considerations. O'Sullivan, 24, has a 6.75 ERA with 4.4 K/9 and 2.9 BB/9 in 53 1/3 innings at Triple-A this season.
- Supplementary first round draft choice Lance McCullers signed with the Astros and will receive a $2.5MM bonus.
- The Rays claimed Brooks Conrad off of waivers from the Brewers, who designated the infielder for assignment earlier in the week. Conrad, 32, has appeared in 25 games for Milwaukee this year, playing all four infield positions.
- Jamie Moyer asked for and received his release from the Orioles after it became clear Baltimore had no plans to promote the veteran to the big leagues anytime soon.
- The Yankees signed Cuban left-hander Omar Luis Rodriguez to a minor league contract worth $4MM.
- After being designated for assignment by the Angels, David Pauley finds himself heading north of the border after being claimed by the Blue Jays.
- The Rangers released Brad Hawpe from Double-A Frisco at the veteran's request. Hawpe, 33, posted a .260/.382/.382 line in 152 PAs while with the Rangers' minor league affiliate.
- Supplementary first-round pick Matt Olson signed with the A's and will obtain a bonus just over $1MM.
- The Rangers signed right-hander Willie Eyre to a minor league deal.
- Catcher Koyie Hill is headed to Triple-A Syracuse after signing a minor league deal with the Nationals. Hill elected free agency after being designated for assignment by the Cubs and outrighted to Triple-A.
- The Nationals designated Brad Lidge for assignment. The right-hander appeared in just 9.1 innings this year, allowing ten runs with ten strikeouts and 11 walks.
- The Blue Jays signed right-hander Shawn Hill to a minor league contract. The 31-year-old Hill has a 4.74 ERA, 5.7 K/9, 2.8 BB/9 and 48.9% groundball rate in 239 big league innings.
- First round draft pick Deven Marrero signed with the Red Sox and will obtain a $2.05MM bonus.
- The Tigers released Brad Eldred from their Triple-A roster as he has elected to sign with the Hiroshima Toyo Carp.
- The Royals designated Roman Colon for assignment. Colon, 32, allowed six runs on 12 hits in eight innings for Kansas City.
Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Rangers Designate Derek Lowe For Assignment Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs To Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment Dodgers To Sign Jonathan Sanchez Phillies Sign Carlos Zambrano Rays Sign Cory Wade Mets To Sign Rick Ankiel
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Quick Hits: White Sox, Reds, Red Sox, Phillies NL East Notes: Phillies, Lee, Nationals, Mets Commenting Policy AL East Notes: Yankees, Red Sox, Ellsbury Blue Jays Release Miguel Batista Minor Moves: Cotts, Boyer, Barton Draft Notes: Manaea, Outfielders MLBTR Chat Transcript Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Cubs Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Jose Altuve Rejoins Octagon; Leaves Boras Choo Not Thinking About Long-Term Deal Injury Updates On 2014 Free Agent Starters Midseason Top Prospect Trades NL East Notes: Braves, Brown, Quintero
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors