- The Astros signed first overall selection Carlos Correa. The Puerto Rican shortstop's bonus is worth $4.8MM, which is the lowest guarantee for a top selection since the Royals gave right-hander Luke Hochevar $3.5MM in 2006.
- Princeton graduate Ross Ohlendorf signed a Major League contract with the Padres after obtaining his release from the Red Sox last weekend. The 29-year-old had a 4.61 ERA with 6.3 K/9 and 2.6 BB/9 in 52 2/3 innings over the course of ten starts for Boston's Triple-A affiliate. The Padres designated right-hander Matt Palmer for assignment in a corresponding move.
- While noted for his glove and versatility, Donnie Murphy will need to improve his hitting if he looks to return to big leagues after being designated for assignment by the Marlins. The 29-year-old utility infielder hit .136/.250/.318 in 52 plate appearances with Miami.
- The Diamondbacks reached a deal with first round draft pick Stryker Trahan. Selected 26th, the catcher will receive a straight slot bonus of $1.7MM.
- Supplementary first round selection (52nd overall) Patrick Wisdom agreed to terms with the Cardinals. The former St. Mary's third baseman signed for $693K which saves St. Louis approximately $277K of draft pool money.
- The Red Sox designated Marlon Byrd for assignment. Byrd, 35 this August, will look to catch on with his third team this season after starting the year with the Cubs.
- Pete Orr is headed to Triple-A as the Phillies outrighted the 33-year-old infielder to Lehigh Valley after he hit .286/.302/.429 in 45 plate appearances for Philadelphia this season.
- Brewers first round selection Clint Coulter signed with Milwaukee and will receive a $1.675MM bonus, which is the amount MLB recommends for the 27th overall selection.
- Selected directly after Coulter at 28th, Victor Roache also agreed to terms with the Brewers. Roache, an outfielder from Georgia Southern University, will receive a $1.525MM bonus, slightly below the recommended slot price of $1.65MM.
- The Mets agreed to terms with first-round pick (12th overall) Gavin Cecchini on a $2.3MM contract. Cecchini, 18, is a high school shortstop from Louisiana who had committed to the University of Mississippi.
- Jeff Francis signed with the Rockies, where he pitched from 2004-10. Francis posted a 4.22 ERA with 6.9 K/9 and 2.6 BB/9 in 215 1/3 innings for the Rockies in 2007.
- The Royals signed right-hander Kyle Zimmer, their first round pick (and the fifth pick overall).
- First round pick Lucas Sims signed with the Braves. The right-hander from Georgia's Brookwood High School was selected with the 21st overall pick.
- The Blue Jays signed supplementary first round selection Matt Smoral after selecting the high school left-hander 50th overall on Monday as compensation for losing reliever Frank Francisco.
- Jamie Moyer, who pitched for Baltimore from 1993-95, has signed with the Orioles. The 49-year-old left-hander will report to Triple-A Norfolk.
- The Athletics designated first baseman Kila Ka'aihue for assignment. Ka'aihue appeared in 39 games for the A's this year, posting a .234/.295/.398 batting line in 139 plate appearances. The 28-year-old has a .687 OPS with 15 home runs in 465 career plate appearances for the Royals and A's.
- Upon reinstating him from the disabled list, the Rays designated Brandon Allen for assignment.
- The Tigers designated catcher Omir Santos for assignment. Santos, 31, elected free agency instead of reporting back to the minor leagues.
- Nate McLouth is headed to the American League after signing a minor league deal with the Orioles. The Pirates placed the outfielder on release waivers last week after designating him for assignment.
- The Rockies designated Esmil Rogers for assignment. Rogers, 26, pitched to an 8.06 ERA with 10.2 K/9 and 6.3 BB/9 in 25 2/3 relief innings for Colorado this season.
Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Quick Hits: Perez, Pineda, Mariners, Ramirez, A's Minor Moves: Wil Ledezma Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Ervin Santana Seeks To Sign One-Year Deal Before Opening Day NL Central Notes: Carpenter, Neshek, Phillips, Cubs Diamondbacks, Oliver Perez Nearing Multi-Year Deal Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Padres Claim Alex Castellanos Luke Hochevar To Undergo Tommy John Surgery Royals Release Brad Penny Ervin Santana's Representation Currently Unsettled AL Central Notes: Masterson, De Aza, Santana, Tigers NL West Notes: Jobe, Maybin, Headley, Betancourt 2013-14 Article XX(B) Free Agents Out Of Options Players: NL West
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors