With three days to go before the trade deadline, here's the latest from the baseball blogosphere...
- Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness says the Dodgers absolutely had to make the Hanley Ramirez trade.
- Chad Moriyama calls the trade a gamble the Dodgers had to take.
- Cole on L.A. calls the Hanley trade a great one for the Dodgers.
- Fish Stripes isn't sure the Marlins are really conducting a fire sale.
- Eye on the Tigers thinks the Tigers overpaid to acquire Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante.
- Know Hitter likes Sanchez and Infante for the Tigers but not at that price.
- Crashburn Alley says the Cole Hamels extension may be GM Ruben Amaro Jr.'s best move.
- NASORB doesn't expect Ichiro Suzuki to be much better with the Yankees.
- Yanks Go Yard analyzed the Ichiro trade.
- Baseball Time In Arlington wrote about the Rangers and Josh Johnson.
- MLB Reports says the Rangers should sacrifice some prospects to try to win now.
- Dodgers Nation explains why Matt Garza is the best starter on the market.
- Rays Colored Glasses wonders if the Rays would consider trading Evan Longoria.
- Gaslamp Ball likes the Carlos Quentin extension for more than one reason.
- Phillies Nation says the Phillies should trade Hunter Pence.
- Wahoo's on First explains why the Indians should trade Shin-Soo Choo.
- Bay City Ball ran down some trade deadline scenarios for the Giants.
- Full Spectrum Baseball wrote about the Cardinals and bolstering their bullpen.
- Royals Review tries to figure out what the Royals should do at the deadline.
- Warehouse Worthy suggests a trade for the Orioles and Giants.
- Burning Down the Yard wonders if the Orioles and Nationals could matchup for a trade.
- Swingin' A's listed some past Athletics trades that didn't come to be.
- MLB Prospect Watch wrote about the prospect return of two-month rentals.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Freddy Garcia Close To Signing With Team In Asia Chicago Notes: Samardzija, Hoyer, Hoffman, Sale Several Teams Interested In Manny Ramirez Hanrahan Talking With Multiple Clubs Following Showcase Jeremy Jeffress Elects Free Agency Diamondbacks Outright Alex Sanabia Teams Wield Advance Consent Hammer Minor Moves: Perez, Loewen, Neil White Sox Designate Donnie Veal For Assignment California Notes: Ramirez, Billingsley, Puig, Athletics AL Notes: Nunez, Vizquel, Cousins, A's AL Notes: Defensive Value, White Sox, Astros, Fuld NL Notes: Hamels, Morse, Diamondbacks, Walker Kole Calhoun To Miss Four To Six Weeks Minor Moves: Giants Release Dontrelle Willis
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors