As Boston says goodbye to one former All-Star and Baltimore welcomes another, let's catch up on the week that was here on MLBTR...
- The White Sox acquired Kevin Youkilis and cash from the Red Sox in exchange for pitcher Zach Stewart and utility player Brent Lillibridge. Youkilis was hitting .225/.311/.359 in 41 games with Boston this season while appearing in 32 games at third base and 13 at first base.
- Cuban outfielder Jorge Soler officially signed a nine-year, $30MM contract with the Cubs.
- The Orioles acquired Jim Thome from the Phillies in exchange for two minor league prospects. Baltimore designated Zach Phillips for assignment to create room on the 40-man roster for Thome.
- Cuban outfielder Yasel Puig signed a seven-year, $42MM contract with the Dodgers.
- The White Sox designated left-hander Will Ohman for assignment. The 34-year-old has a 5.84 ERA with 4.4 K/9 and 1.5 BB/9 in 24.2 innings of work this year.
- Ryan Doumit's solid start to the season netted him a two-year, $7MM extension with the Twins.
- The Cubs designated Randy Wells for assignment and then outrighted the right-hander to Triple-A after he cleared waivers.
- The Yankees claimed right-hander Chris Schwinden off waivers from the Indians and designated Danny Farquhar for assignment in a corresponding move.
- First round pick Corey Seager reached an agreement with the Dodgers on a $2.35MM bonus.
- The Brewers claimed shortstop Hector Gomez off waivers from the Rockies and designated right-hander Brandon Kintzler for assignment in a corresponding move.
- Taiwanese shortstop Tzu-Wei Lin signed with the Red Sox and received a $2.05MM bonus.
- The Red Sox designated Darnell McDonald for assignment to clear space for Josh Beckett's activation.
- Travis Buck is headed to Triple-A as the Astros outrighted the outfielder to Oklahoma City after he posted a .216/.284/.311 batting line in 81 plate appearances for Houston.
- The Diamondbacks agreed to terms with right-hander David Hernandez on a two-year contract extension.
- The Reds signed supplemental first round pick Jeff Gelalich for $825K.
- Kosuke Fukudome's tenure with the White Sox came to an end as Chicago released the veteran outfielder.
- The Phillies designated right-hander Chad Qualls for assignment. The 33-year-old reliever posted a 4.60 ERA with 5.5 K/9, 2.6 BB/9 and a 54.5% ground ball rate in 31 1/3 innings.
- Supplemental first round pick Travis Jankowski signed with the Padres for $975K.
- The Pirates claimed infielder/outfielder Oscar Tejeda off waivers from the Red Sox. To make room for Tejeda, Pittsburgh designated left-hander Doug Slaten for assignment.
- The Indians claimed infielder Vinny Rottino off outright waivers from the Mets. Rottino owns a career .188/.282/.319 slash line in 44 big league games.
- Veteran Jamie Moyer signed a minor league deal with the Blue Jays as the 49-year-old looks to continue his career with his third different team this season.
- The Royals designated Humberto Quintero for assignment. Quintero, 32, hit .232/.257/.341 in 144 plate appearances for Kansas City this season.
- The Pirates designated Daniel Moskos for assignment. Moskos had pitched to a 3.86 ERA in 14 Triple-A innings this season while battling elbow problems.
- First-round pick Brian Johnson signed with the Red Sox for $1.575MM.
- The Pirates claimed infielder Drew Sutton off of waivers from the Rays.
- Willie Harris is headed to Triple-A as the Reds outrighted the outfielder to Louisville after he posted a .114/.170/.205 batting line in 48 plate appearances for Cincinnati.
- The Nationals released Brad Lidge after the right-hander appeared in just 9.1 innings this year, allowing ten runs with ten strikeouts and 11 walks.
- The Cardinals signed first round selection James Ramsey for $1.6MM.
- Miguel Tejada sought and was given his release by the Orioles after hitting .260/.327/.290 in 147 plate appearances at Triple-A.
- The Royals outrighted Roman Colon to Triple-A after the 32-year-old appeared in three games for Kansas City and allowed six runs in eight relief innings.
- The Padres claimed right-hander Mark Hamburger off waivers from the Rangers and optioned him to Triple-A.
Orioles Designate Alex Burnett For Assignment Indians Designate David Huff For Assignment Marlins Release Jon Rauch Derek Lowe Clears Waivers Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Quick Hits: Beltran, D'Backs, Montero, Draft, Cashner AL Central Links: Indians, Moore, Schneider NL East Notes: Utley, Amaro, Rizzo, Braves Managerial Notes: Mattingly, Nationals, Roenicke Mets Links: Davis, Wheeler, Bargain Signings Dodgers Notes: Ethier, Mattingly, Puig, Pederson Red Sox Sign Rafael Perez Orioles Designate Alex Burnett For Assignment White Sox Place Angel Sanchez On Waivers Jocketty Discusses Choo Indians Designate David Huff For Assignment Cherington On Ellsbury, Masterson, Theo Rangers Sign Mark Teahen, Waive Derek Lowe Mariners To Demote Jesus Montero Prospect Rumor Roundup: Talking Twins
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors