As we head to Kansas City for the All-Star break, let's catch up on the week that was here on MLBTR...
- The Marlins acquired first baseman Carlos Lee from the Astros for third baseman Matt Dominguez and left-hander Rob Rasmussen. The move provides the Marlins with an instant upgrade in their lineup and gives the Astros young talent as they continue to rebuild.
- The Mariners signed third overall pick Mike Zunino, who obtained a $4MM bonus. The former University of Florida catcher projects to be an above-average hitter for his position and has intangibles similar to those of Jason Varitek.
- Former Marlins sensation Dontrelle Willis announced his retirement after spending the majority of the season in the Orioles organization.
- The Royals claimed Adam Moore on waivers after the catcher was designated for assignment by the Mariners last week.
- The Indians granted right-hander Chris Ray his release from Triple-A Columbus. Ray, 30, posted a 2.75 ERA with 7.5 K/9 and 4.2 BB/9.
- After being released by the Indians late last month, Andy LaRoche signed with the Red Sox and joined the organization's Triple-A affiliate.
- The Pirates outrighted Doug Slaten and Chris Leroux to Triple-A after the duo cleared waivers.
- The White Sox claimed left-hander Daniel Moskos off of waivers from the Pirates and optioned him to Triple-A.
- Jamie Moyer's future as a Major League pitcher took a hit as the Blue Jays became the third team to part ways with the veteran this season.
- The Cubs agreed to sign second round pick Duane Underwood for $1.05MM.
- The Reds released right-hander Michael Wuertz after signing him to a minor league contract in May.
- Matt Young is headed back to Toledo after the Tigers outrighted the utility player to Triple-A.
- The Orioles outrighted left-hander Zach Philips to Triple-A after he cleared waivers.
- The Royals requested unconditional release waivers on catcher Humberto Quintero.
- Chris Schwinden's whirlwind season continues as the Mets claimed the right-hander off of waivers from the Yankees and optioned him to Triple-A Buffalo.
- The Braves released right-hander D.J. Carrasco as the veteran now faces having to find a third team to call home this season.
- The Blue Jays designated David Pauley for assignment as the right-hander struggled to get outs in five appearances with Toronto..
- First round selection Marcus Stroman signed a contract with the Blue Jays for $1.8MM.
- The Royals designated outfielder Mitch Maier for assignment as the former first round pick collected more strikeouts than hits and walks combined this season.
- The Yankees claimed outfielder Darnell McDonald off of waivers from the Red Sox to provide New York with depth off the bench.
- Xavier Paul opted out of his contract with the Nationals and elected free agency in hopes of catching on with a team willing to give him an opportunity at the big league level.
- The White Sox released left-hander Will Ohman after designating the veteran for assignment late last month.
- The Mets designated left-hander Justin Hampson for assignment. Hampson, 32, appeared in three games and faced eight batters for New York.
- Bobby Jenks reached a contract termination settlement with the Red Sox and was placed on unconditional release waivers by Boston.
- The Padres signed supplemental first-rounder Walker Weickel for $2MM.
- The Athletics designated left-hander Brian Fuentes for assignment. In 25 innings for the Athletics this year Fuentes posted a 6.84 ERA with 6.5 K/9 and 3.6 BB/9.
- In a flurry of international signings from across the league, the Mets signed shortstop Amed Rosario to a $1.75MM bonus.
- The Indians signed 16-year-old Dominican outfielder Hector Caro to a deal worth $1.1MM.
- The Yankees signed Venezuelan catcher Luis Torrens for $1.3MM.
- Venezuelan right-hander Jose Mujica signed with the Rays for $1MM.
- The Twins signed Dominican infielder Amaurys Minier for $1.4MM.
- The Giants signed Dominican center fielder Gustavo Cabrera for $1.3MM.
- Venezuelan left-hander Jose Castillo signed with the Rays for $1.55MM.
- The Blue Jays signed Venezuelan shortstop/centerfielder Franklin Barreto, who obtained a $1.45MM bonus.
Derek Lowe Clears Waivers Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs To Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment Dodgers To Sign Jonathan Sanchez Phillies Sign Carlos Zambrano Rays Sign Cory Wade Mets To Sign Rick Ankiel
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Antonetti on Bourn, Bauer, Pitching Draft Notes: Astros, Appel, Gray, Cubs, Harvey Minor Moves: Dustin Martin, Josh Horton West Links: Dodgers, Ethier, Norberto, Mariners Derek Lowe Clears Waivers NL Central Links: Garcia, Carpenter, Garza Red Sox, Jacoby Ellsbury Haven't Talked Extension Yankees Notes: Kuroda, Bullpen, Adams Poll: The Next 2012 First-Rounder To Be Called Up Orioles To Promote Kevin Gausman Quick Hits: White Sox, Reds, Red Sox, Phillies NL East Notes: Phillies, Lee, Nationals, Mets Commenting Policy AL East Notes: Yankees, Red Sox, Ellsbury Blue Jays Release Miguel Batista
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors