A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week:
- Ben Nicholson-Smith explored the possibility of Geovany Soto (Rangers), Chris Volstad (Cubs), and Jair Jurrjens (Braves) being non-tendered this offseason.
- Daniel Seco asked MLBTR readers which player will most likely be traded in August. Over 40% of you say Alfonso Soriano is the most likely to be dealt this month from a group of Heath Bell, Scott Hairston, Justin Morneau, Vernon Wells, Josh Beckett, and Carl Crawford.
- MLBTR is keeping track of the players who, based on published reports, have cleared waivers. This list can always be found in the sidebar under MLBTR Features.
- Ben asked MLBTR readers how the Pirates will finish out the season. You were split between the Buccos making the playoffs for the first time in 20 years (51%) and failing to make the post-season but finishing with a winning record also for the first time in 20 years (45%).
- Ben asked MLBTR readers the same question about the Orioles. You were much less optimistic about the O's chances of making the playoffs for the first time in 15 years (25%). So much for a rematch of the 1979 World Series. But, you were very bullish about the Birds having a winning season (63%).
- The "How Will They Finish" polling continued with Zach Links asking about the Dodgers and Mike Axisa asking about Oakland. A majority of MLBTR readers believe the Dodgers will make the post-season (61%), but the A's will fall short despite finishing with a winning record (56%).
- Mark Polishuk imagined what a contract extension for Buster Posey would cost in terms of dollars and years.
- Mike provided a 2013 vesting options update for players like Jason Bartlett, Kevin Gregg, and Brett Myers.
- Mike also updated the seasons for 11 players identified as 2012 being a make or break year for them.
- Ben hosted this week's live chat.
- Mike assembled the best of the baseball blogosphere for you in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- There are many ways to enjoy MLB Trade Rumors. Here's a refresher on how to use MLBTR, our commenting policy, and our roster of weekly features, including when they are posted and what exactly to expect from them.
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
AL Notes: Defensive Value, White Sox, Astros, Fuld NL Notes: Hamels, Morse, Diamondbacks, Walker Kole Calhoun To Miss Four To Six Weeks Minor Moves: Giants Release Dontrelle Willis Padres Notes: Gyorko, Headley, Cashner Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen Athletics Claim Marcus Walden Off Waivers From Blue Jays Mets Outright Lannan, Promote Matsuzaka AL West Notes: Astros, Franklin, Walker, Reddick Morales Rejected $30MM Extension Last Summer Astros To Promote George Springer Astros To Designate Lucas Harrell For Assignment Minor Moves: Scott Cousins NL Notes: Johnson, Cubs, Bradley Ryan Zimmerman To Miss Four to Six Weeks
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors