A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week:
- Daniel Seco asked MLBTR readers what has been the most unlikely storyline in 2012. Nearly 40% of you chose the Orioles being in the thick of a pennant race.
- Mike Axisa asked MLBTR readers who will win the second NL Wild Card. Over 32% of you believe the Cardinals will hang on to defend their World Series title.
- Ben Nicholson-Smith opined the Tigers will likely exercise their $6MM club option and keep Jhonny Peralta in Detroit for another year.
- Ben listed the top ten free agent infielders ranked by FanGraphs' version of wins above replacement.
- Ben also calculated that Brewers' catcher Jonathan Lucroy will miss the projected cutoff for super two status by just three days.
- MLBTR confirmed the Indians' Travis Hafner obtained ten and five rights when he reached ten years of service time this past Thursday.
- It was a busy week on the Free Agent Stock Watch. Ben explained Blue Jays' right-hander Carlos Villanueva could have value as a starter in this winter's free agent market.
- Mike is much more bullish on the Giants' Marco Scutaro, as the middle infield market offers few viable alternatives.
- Mike, however, was bearish on the prospects of Daisuke Matsuzaka.
- Mike wondered what the market will look like for Ryan Madson because there isn't much precedent for relievers entering free agency coming off Tommy John surgery.
- Ben hosted the MLBTR live chat this week.
- Mike put together the best of the baseball blogosphere in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- There are many ways to enjoy MLB Trade Rumors. Here's a refresher on how to use MLBTR and our roster of weekly features, including when they are posted and what exactly to expect from them.
Rockies To Sign Boone Logan Tigers To Sign Joba Chamberlain Phillies To Sign Roberto Hernandez Giants To Sign Mike Morse Marlins, Cubs Swap Ruggiano For Bogusevic Mets To Sign Bartolo Colon Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Pirates Extend Charlie Morton Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox Re-Sign Mike Napoli
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
D-Backs Acquire Todd Glaesmann To Complete Heath Bell Trade Cubs Claim Liam Hendriks Rays Interested In Juan Uribe David Ortiz, Red Sox Talking Extension Tigers Sign Joba Chamberlain Braves To Sign Mat Gamel Indians, David Adams Agree To Major League Deal Mets, Brewers Still Talking Ike Davis Dodgers Acquire Seth Rosin Twins Sign Jason Kubel Tigers Designate Danny Worth For Assignment Diamondbacks To Re-Sign Daniel Hudson Rockies To Sign Boone Logan $5,000 Weekly Fantasy Football Contest From DraftStreet Diamondbacks Close To Signing Hudson, Blanco
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors