With the addition of a second Wild Card causing madness in both the American and National Leagues, let's take a moment to catch up on the week that was here at MLBTR…
- The Brewers acquired catcher Yorvit Torrealba from the Blue Jays for a player to be named later or cash considerations. In 212 total plate appearances with Texas and Toronto this year Torrealba has a .233/.297/.339 batting line.
- The White Sox will promote their top two baseball executives following a surprising season that has the team leading its division. The team is expected to promote longtime general manager Kenny Williams to the role of vice president of baseball operations and shift assistant GM Rick Hahn into the GM role.
- Jake Peavy and the White Sox may be parting ways after this season as Chicago's unlikely to exercise their $22MM club option for 2013. Instead, the team is expected to pay a $4MM buyout in a move that would make Peavy a free agent.
- The Diamondbacks designated outfielder Cole Gillespie for assignment. Gillespie, 28, hit .308/.390/.494 with 13 homers in 510 plate appearances for Arizona's Triple-A affiliate this season.
- Colby Lewis and the Rangers agreed to a one-year contract extension for 2013. Lewis' deal is worth $2MM in guaranteed money plus incentives.