The latest managerial news..
- Last night it was reported that Walt Weiss and Matt Williams are the two remaining candidates for the Rockies' managerial job with bench coach Tom Runnells and slugger Jason Giambi out of the running. However, Rockies General Manager Bill Geivett says that Giambi is still in play, tweets Joel Sherman of the New York Post (via Twitter).
- Geivett also said that there won't be a decision tonight but he expects one to come soon, tweets Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports.
- The Orioles intend to negotiate a contract extension with Buck Showalter, sources tell Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. Owner Peter Angelos has told people connected to the team that he will look to extend Showalter's deal beyond 2013.
- The Blue Jays are after a manager with experience and they have reached out Mike Hargrove, but talks do not appear to have progressed, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
- Toronto is confident that they'll find a strong candidate with previous experience, meaning that Sandy Alomar Jr. and Tim Wallach won't be in the picture unless they have a serious reversal, Rosenthal tweets (Twitter links).