A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week scattered amongst the Thanksgiving leftovers, Black Friday shopping bags, and Cyber Monday ads:
- Ben Nicholson-Smith asked asked three general managers of teams with considerable young pitching how they weigh the possibility of trades against the reality that you can never have enough pitching.
- Ben explained how the non-tender system works.
- Tim Dierkes defined the eligibility for arbitration and listed some of the talent that has been non-tendered in the past and could be non-tendered by this Friday's deadline.
- Tim opined the Orioles' Mark Reynolds is one such non-tender candidate.
- Ben completed the 2013 Offseason Outlook series by profiling the Red Sox, Marlins, and Rockies.
- Mike Axisa asked our readers who will be the next top ten free agent, as ranked in MLBTR's Top 50 Free Agent list, to ink a new deal. Over 34% of you believe B.J. Upton, ranked number five, will be the next one to put pen to paper.
- Steve Adams presented a Free Agent Faceoff between Ryan Ludwick and Cody Ross. Over 61% of MLBTR readers would prefer to sign Ross.
- Tim pitted center fielders Angel Pagan and Shane Victorino in a Free Agent Faceoff with more than 55% of you favoring Pagan.
- Mark Polishuk dished out a third helping of the Free Agent Faceoff featuring Francisco Liriano and Brandon McCarthy. Almost three-quarters of you would sign McCarthy.
- Ben was the first to report Bryan LaHair's two-year contract with the SoftBank Hawks is worth $4.7MM (including a signing bonus and a buyout), contains $2MM in incentives each year, and allows LaHair to opt out after 2013.
- MLBTR was the first to learn the Cardinals signed first baseman/right fielder Jamie Romak to a minor league contract.
- Ben compiled a calendar of hot stove events, as the MLB offseason is now in full swing.
- Mike reminisced about a previous Marlins fire sale that occurred seven years ago this week.
- Ben hosted this week's live chat.
- Mike assembled the best of the baseball blogosphere for you in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- Here's the schedule for MLBTR's roster of weekly features and exactly what to expect from them.
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
AL Notes: Nunez, Vizquel, Cousins, A's AL Notes: Defensive Value, White Sox, Astros, Fuld NL Notes: Hamels, Morse, Diamondbacks, Walker Kole Calhoun To Miss Four To Six Weeks Minor Moves: Giants Release Dontrelle Willis Padres Notes: Gyorko, Headley, Cashner Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen Athletics Claim Marcus Walden Off Waivers From Blue Jays Mets Outright Lannan, Promote Matsuzaka AL West Notes: Astros, Franklin, Walker, Reddick Morales Rejected $30MM Extension Last Summer Astros To Promote George Springer Astros To Designate Lucas Harrell For Assignment Minor Moves: Scott Cousins NL Notes: Johnson, Cubs, Bradley
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors