A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week scattered amongst the Thanksgiving leftovers, Black Friday shopping bags, and Cyber Monday ads:
- Ben Nicholson-Smith asked asked three general managers of teams with considerable young pitching how they weigh the possibility of trades against the reality that you can never have enough pitching.
- Ben explained how the non-tender system works.
- Tim Dierkes defined the eligibility for arbitration and listed some of the talent that has been non-tendered in the past and could be non-tendered by this Friday's deadline.
- Tim opined the Orioles' Mark Reynolds is one such non-tender candidate.
- Ben completed the 2013 Offseason Outlook series by profiling the Red Sox, Marlins, and Rockies.
- Mike Axisa asked our readers who will be the next top ten free agent, as ranked in MLBTR's Top 50 Free Agent list, to ink a new deal. Over 34% of you believe B.J. Upton, ranked number five, will be the next one to put pen to paper.
- Steve Adams presented a Free Agent Faceoff between Ryan Ludwick and Cody Ross. Over 61% of MLBTR readers would prefer to sign Ross.
- Tim pitted center fielders Angel Pagan and Shane Victorino in a Free Agent Faceoff with more than 55% of you favoring Pagan.
- Mark Polishuk dished out a third helping of the Free Agent Faceoff featuring Francisco Liriano and Brandon McCarthy. Almost three-quarters of you would sign McCarthy.
- Ben was the first to report Bryan LaHair's two-year contract with the SoftBank Hawks is worth $4.7MM (including a signing bonus and a buyout), contains $2MM in incentives each year, and allows LaHair to opt out after 2013.
- MLBTR was the first to learn the Cardinals signed first baseman/right fielder Jamie Romak to a minor league contract.
- Ben compiled a calendar of hot stove events, as the MLB offseason is now in full swing.
- Mike reminisced about a previous Marlins fire sale that occurred seven years ago this week.
- Ben hosted this week's live chat.
- Mike assembled the best of the baseball blogosphere for you in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- Here's the schedule for MLBTR's roster of weekly features and exactly what to expect from them.
Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Angels Outright John Hester, Robert Carson Blue Jays, Orioles In Play For Ervin Santana Ervin Santana Rumors: Saturday Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Quick Hits: Perez, Pineda, Mariners, Ramirez, A's Minor Moves: Wil Ledezma Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Ervin Santana Seeks To Sign One-Year Deal Before Opening Day NL Central Notes: Carpenter, Neshek, Phillips, Cubs Diamondbacks, Oliver Perez Nearing Multi-Year Deal Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Padres Claim Alex Castellanos Luke Hochevar To Undergo Tommy John Surgery Royals Release Brad Penny Ervin Santana's Representation Currently Unsettled
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors