A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week scattered amongst the Thanksgiving leftovers, Black Friday shopping bags, and Cyber Monday ads:
- Ben Nicholson-Smith asked asked three general managers of teams with considerable young pitching how they weigh the possibility of trades against the reality that you can never have enough pitching.
- Ben explained how the non-tender system works.
- Tim Dierkes defined the eligibility for arbitration and listed some of the talent that has been non-tendered in the past and could be non-tendered by this Friday's deadline.
- Tim opined the Orioles' Mark Reynolds is one such non-tender candidate.
- Ben completed the 2013 Offseason Outlook series by profiling the Red Sox, Marlins, and Rockies.
- Mike Axisa asked our readers who will be the next top ten free agent, as ranked in MLBTR's Top 50 Free Agent list, to ink a new deal. Over 34% of you believe B.J. Upton, ranked number five, will be the next one to put pen to paper.
- Steve Adams presented a Free Agent Faceoff between Ryan Ludwick and Cody Ross. Over 61% of MLBTR readers would prefer to sign Ross.
- Tim pitted center fielders Angel Pagan and Shane Victorino in a Free Agent Faceoff with more than 55% of you favoring Pagan.
- Mark Polishuk dished out a third helping of the Free Agent Faceoff featuring Francisco Liriano and Brandon McCarthy. Almost three-quarters of you would sign McCarthy.
- Ben was the first to report Bryan LaHair's two-year contract with the SoftBank Hawks is worth $4.7MM (including a signing bonus and a buyout), contains $2MM in incentives each year, and allows LaHair to opt out after 2013.
- MLBTR was the first to learn the Cardinals signed first baseman/right fielder Jamie Romak to a minor league contract.
- Ben compiled a calendar of hot stove events, as the MLB offseason is now in full swing.
- Mike reminisced about a previous Marlins fire sale that occurred seven years ago this week.
- Ben hosted this week's live chat.
- Mike assembled the best of the baseball blogosphere for you in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- Here's the schedule for MLBTR's roster of weekly features and exactly what to expect from them.
Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins To Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski Athletics Acquire Jim Johnson For Jemile Weeks Nationals Acquire Doug Fister From Tigers Athletics Sign Scott Kazmir Mariners To Sign Willie Bloomquist Blue Jays To Sign Dioner Navarro Twins To Sign Phil Hughes Rays To Re-Sign Juan Carlos Oviedo Giants Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong Twins Sign Ricky Nolasco Reds Re-Sign Manny Parra Dodgers Sign Dan Haren Rays Sign Jose Molina Cardinals Sign Jhonny Peralta
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Orioles Interested In Choo, Cruz, Jimenez AL West Notes: Rangers, Arencibia, Kazmir, Hughes, Mariners Dodgers Nearing Agreement With Brian Wilson Central Notes: Tigers, Castellanos, Beltran, Konerko, Twins Cubs Sign Wesley Wright Mariners Could Make Move To Acquire David Price AL Notes: Fister, Blue Jays, Orioles, Rays Red Sox Notes: Bradley, Drew, Napoli, Pierzynski Ellsbury Notes: Yankees, Red Sox, Gardner, Choo Giants Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong NPB Officials Planning To Accept $20MM Maximum Posting Fee Minor Moves: Pridie, Brewers, Twins NL East Notes: Lincoln, Coghlan, Morrison Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Cubs Likely To Trade Samardzija This Offseason
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors