A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week:
- Ben Nicholson-Smith examined the process involved in signing an elite free agent and discovered it expands beyond the reach of the baseball operations department.
- Ben broke down the multiyear deals signed by free agents so far this offseason.
- Ben was the first to report Scott Baker's contract with the Cubs included incentives worth $1.5MM.
- To keep track of all details related to free agent signings throughout the offseason, be sure to bookmark MLBTR's 2013 MLB Free Agent Tracker.
- Tim Dierkes was the first to learn Daniel McCutchen and Dan Meyer signed minor league deals with the Orioles and Zach Simons did likewise with the Rangers.
- Tim also broke the story of the Marlins claiming left-hander Scott Maine off waivers from the Blue Jays.
- MLBTR was the first to learn the Blue Jays signed right-hander Neil Wagner to a minor league contract with an invite to Spring Training.
- Ben completed the 2013 Arbitration Eligibles series with a detailed look at the Blue Jays, White Sox, Tigers, Yankees, Rangers, and Red Sox.
- Ben previewed the Offseason Outlook for the Tigers, Nationals, Giants, White Sox, Yankees, Rangers, and Blue Jays.
- Mark Polishuk asked MLBTR readers whether the Mets will extend David Wright and R.A. Dickey.
Nearly 42% of you believe the Mets will extend Wright and trade the newly crowned NL Cy Young Award winner.
- Mike Axisa presented a Free Agent Faceoff between Michael Bourn and B.J. Upton. Over 54% of MLBTR readers would prefer to sign Bourn.
- Ben hosted the weekly live chat.
- Mike gathered the best the baseball corner of the web had to offer in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- There are many ways to enjoy MLB Trade Rumors. Here's a refresher on how to use MLBTR.
- Want the latest rumors for your favorite team? Check out MLBTR's team-by-team links for Facebook, Twitter, and RSS pages and feeds.