A reigning Cy Young winner is on the trade block, and we've got all of today's updates on R.A. Dickey right here, with the newest items added to the top throughout the day:
- The Diamondbacks met with the Mets on Dickey, but talks didn't get far, tweets Andy Martino of the New York Daily News. Martino hears the Mets' asking price is very high. He also notes that there's not much happening between the Mets and Blue Jays.
- The Dodgers have talked to the Mets about Dickey, reports MLB.com's Ken Gurnick. Gurnick notes that Dickey could be a fallback for Zack Greinke, or maybe the team will just sign both to have three Cy Young winners on the staff. The question is whether the Dodgers have the right players to pull off a deal.
- Talks for Dickey between the Mets and Red Sox were "very preliminary," a Major League source tells WEEI's Alex Speier, and a deal is extremely unlikely.
- There has been strong interest in Dickey today, tweets Andy Martino of the New York Daily News, but he's heard the Mets did not ask the Red Sox for specific players.
- The Mets met with eight teams today about Dickey, according to Adam Rubin and Joe McDonald of ESPN. The Red Sox were one of those teams, and the Mets wanted Xander Bogaerts andJackie Bradley Jr. in return. We heard earlier that the Sox didn't have interest in Dickey, so perhaps the Mets' exorbitant asking price is playing a part in that lack of interest.
- GM Sandy Alderson acknowledged that he's had "preliminary talks" with multiple teams about Dickey and other players, tweets Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com. According to Alderson, there have been more conversations about Dickey than Niese, though that could change (Twitter link).
- Fair or not, Dickey's age and repertoire is making teams reluctant to give up significant talent for him, tweets Andy Martino of the New York Daily News. Of course, as Martino adds in a second tweet, it just takes one club to step up and change that. Still, for now, Jonathon Niese is viewed as the more appealing Mets arm, according to Martino.
- Although the Mets are "more than willing" to discuss Dickey, the Red Sox haven't shown any interest, says Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com, noting that the Mets could do better than Jarrod Saltalamacchia (Twitterlinks).
- The Mets have gotten "serious" about trading ace knuckleballer Dickey as soon as this week, tweets ESPN's Jayson Stark after hearing from a source. Stark says the Rangers and Royals are seen as the most logical fits.
- Earlier today, Andy Martino of the New York Daily News tweeted that he believes the Mets "genuinely don't know right now if they'll sign or trade" the NL Cy Young winner. The 38-year-old can become a free agent after the 2013 season.
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Arizona Diamondbacks | Boston Red Sox | Jackie Bradley Jr. | Jarrod Saltalamacchia | Jon Niese | Kansas City Royals | Los Angeles Dodgers | New York Mets | R.A. Dickey | Texas Rangers | Toronto Blue Jays | Xander Bogaerts
Athletics Designate Chris Resop For Assignment Rockies Designate Reid Brignac For Assignment Angels Designate Barry Enright For Assignment Yankees Designate Chris Nelson For Assignment Dodgers To Sign Jonathan Sanchez Marlins Release David Aardsma Phillies Sign Carlos Zambrano Rays Sign Cory Wade Mets To Sign Rick Ankiel Cubs Extend Anthony Rizzo Reds Designate Corky Miller For Assignment Cubs Release Kameron Loe Astros Release Rick Ankiel Blue Jays Designate Edgar Gonzalez For Assignment Pirates Release Jonathan Sanchez
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Quick Hits: Brignac, Mariners, Odorizzi Contract Extensions Changing The Free Agent Market Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment AL East Notes: Yankees, Orioles, Ishikawa Twins Release Rafael Perez Draft Notes: Gray, Manaea, Twins, White Sox Padres Don't Intend To Trade Chase Headley Padres Designate Thad Weber For Assignment A's Designate Chris Resop For Assignment Astros Open To Extension With Jose Altuve Minor Moves: Humber, Jeroloman, Boyer Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Halladay, Porcello, Dodgers Hanshin Tigers Pursuing David Aardsma Free Agent Stock Watch: Edward Mujica
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors