A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week:
- MLBTR was the first to report the following deals that avoided arbitration: the Tigers and Rick Porcello for one year and $5.1MM, the White Sox and Gordon Beckham for one year and $2.925MM, and the Giants and Jose Mijares for one year and $1.8MM.
- Tim Dierkes broke the story of the Red Sox and Joel Hanrahan avoiding arbitration with a one-year, $7.04MM contract.
- Tim was also the first to learn Neftali Feliz's one-year deal with the Rangers includes incentives worth $50K based on appearances.
- Ben Nicholson-Smith attended the Blue Jays' press conference introducing Jose Reyes and reported GM Alex Anthopoulos made the trade because Reyes "is a rare guy to find" and "one of the great players to play the game."
- In other news from the Reyes press conference, Ben noted the Blue Jays will leave the door open on a possible return of free agent reliever Brandon Lyon, Anthopoulos stressed the importance of starting rotation depth, and the GM tempered raised expectations by saying the entire AL East is outstanding.
- Mark Polishuk participated in the conference call the Mariners held announcing their acquisition of Michael Morse and reported GM Jack Zduriencik felt adding a hitter like Morse was worth the cost of losing John Jaso and Morse welcomed the trade back to the Mariners, as he feels he had some unfinished business in Seattle.
- Ben profiled a pair of extension candidates in the A's starting rotation: Tommy Milone and Jarrod Parker.
- Matt Swartz provided an in-depth breakdown of the arbitration cases for Mat Latos, Matt Wieters, and Jim Johnson.
- Mark examined the managers and GMs entering the final year of their contract.
- Tim explained the file and trial strategy some teams utilize in handling their arbitration cases.
- Ben hosted this week's live chat.
- Mike Axisa assembled the best of the baseball blogosphere for you in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- There are many ways to enjoy MLB Trade Rumors. Here's a refresher on how to use MLBTR.
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Jeremy Jeffress Elects Free Agency Minor Moves: Adam Loewen, Matt Neil White Sox Designate Donnie Veal For Assignment Teams Wield Advance Consent Hammer California Notes: Ramirez, Billingsley, Puig, Athletics AL Notes: Nunez, Vizquel, Cousins, A's AL Notes: Defensive Value, White Sox, Astros, Fuld NL Notes: Hamels, Morse, Diamondbacks, Walker Kole Calhoun To Miss Four To Six Weeks Minor Moves: Giants Release Dontrelle Willis Padres Notes: Gyorko, Headley, Cashner Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen Athletics Claim Marcus Walden Off Waivers From Blue Jays Mets Outright Lannan, Promote Matsuzaka AL West Notes: Astros, Franklin, Walker, Reddick
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors