A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week:
- MLBTR was the first to report the following deals that avoided arbitration: the Tigers and Rick Porcello for one year and $5.1MM, the White Sox and Gordon Beckham for one year and $2.925MM, and the Giants and Jose Mijares for one year and $1.8MM.
- Tim Dierkes broke the story of the Red Sox and Joel Hanrahan avoiding arbitration with a one-year, $7.04MM contract.
- Tim was also the first to learn Neftali Feliz's one-year deal with the Rangers includes incentives worth $50K based on appearances.
- Ben Nicholson-Smith attended the Blue Jays' press conference introducing Jose Reyes and reported GM Alex Anthopoulos made the trade because Reyes "is a rare guy to find" and "one of the great players to play the game."
- In other news from the Reyes press conference, Ben noted the Blue Jays will leave the door open on a possible return of free agent reliever Brandon Lyon, Anthopoulos stressed the importance of starting rotation depth, and the GM tempered raised expectations by saying the entire AL East is outstanding.
- Mark Polishuk participated in the conference call the Mariners held announcing their acquisition of Michael Morse and reported GM Jack Zduriencik felt adding a hitter like Morse was worth the cost of losing John Jaso and Morse welcomed the trade back to the Mariners, as he feels he had some unfinished business in Seattle.
- Ben profiled a pair of extension candidates in the A's starting rotation: Tommy Milone and Jarrod Parker.
- Matt Swartz provided an in-depth breakdown of the arbitration cases for Mat Latos, Matt Wieters, and Jim Johnson.
- Mark examined the managers and GMs entering the final year of their contract.
- Tim explained the file and trial strategy some teams utilize in handling their arbitration cases.
- Ben hosted this week's live chat.
- Mike Axisa assembled the best of the baseball blogosphere for you in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- There are many ways to enjoy MLB Trade Rumors. Here's a refresher on how to use MLBTR.
White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Rockies Pushing Hard To Acquire Reliever "Good Chance" Angels Trade Trumbo During Meetings Rajai Davis Nearing Deal; Tigers, Twins In Mix Quick Hits: Diaz, Francoeur, Pie, Beltran, O's David Price Rumors: Monday Rockies Rumors: Pomeranz, Davis, Anderson, Hammel Jeff Samardzija Rumors: Monday 12 Teams In On Jason Hammel Nationals Eyeing J.P. Howell, Scott Downs NL Central Notes: Cubs, Pirates, Brewers, Hart Latest On Masahiro Tanaka Reliever Rumors: Mets, Orioles, Mariners, Tigers Mets Exploring Ike Davis, Daniel Murphy Trades Indians Willing To Listen On Justin Masterson Blue Jays Rumors: Lind, Loney, Moreland, Morrison
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors